Recording Midi From Roland Alpha Juno 2

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Binman_UK

Recording Midi From Roland Alpha Juno 2

Post by Binman_UK » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi,

I've set up my Juno 2 successfully so that I can send midi notes from Ableton and record the output as an audio track. This works fine.

I also want to record the midi notes from the Juno's midi out back into Ableton. I set up another midi track to do this and when I press a key on the Juno I can see the incoming midi data and can record it. However when I send the midi notes directly from Ableton to the Juno it doesn't output anything via midi back to Ableton.

I want to be able to draw single notes in Ableton, send them to the Juno with it's Chord memory activated and then send the chords back to Ableton to record in a midi track.

Is it possible to get this working at all?

Any help much appreciated!

Binman_UK

Re: Recording Midi From Roland Alpha Juno 2

Post by Binman_UK » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Thanks for all the help with this one guys... :roll:

Question was rather speedily answered on here:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much- ... o-2-a.html

Apparently what I was asking can't be done. :(

blakbeltjonez

Re: Recording Midi From Roland Alpha Juno 2

Post by blakbeltjonez » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:39 pm

nope, the Alpha Junos will not output chord memory - that is all internal.

you're probably wanting to use the Juno in mono mode with chord memory and portamento, otherwise i would suggest using Live's chord plug in for what you're trying to do - but that won't work when the Juno is in monophonic and you're trying to stack a bunch of notes.