audio cuts out on samples

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hau5beat

audio cuts out on samples

Post by Hau5beat » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:52 am

so this happened before I got the launchpad, and I am fairly new to live, though learning quickly thankfully!

every now and then, I will be playing around with the sounds/samples (claps etc) I have in the session, todays example being on the launchpad, recording off and on, etc, and when I return to the session and application the session sounds no longer have audio. the volume on them are up, and over in the library/left part of Ableton previews of the sounds work perfectly.

ill even screen shot my computer for you, i'm sure its some switch i don't see.

also, where can i download automap?

thanks!Image

stallos

Re: audio cuts out on samples

Post by stallos » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:49 am

not sure I understand your problem so apologies if over simplifying
in your screenshot all your channels appear to be muted (and panned to the right)
You wont hear anything coming out of a muted channel
To unmute a channel just click on the channel number box next to the volume fader and make it yellow - then you will hear the audio
muted channel appear greyed out

deadmau5 fan per chance?

Hau5beat

Post by Hau5beat » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:08 pm

stallos wrote:not sure I understand your problem so apologies if over simplifying
in your screenshot all your channels appear to be muted (and panned to the right)
You wont hear anything coming out of a muted channel
To unmute a channel just click on the channel number box next to the volume fader and make it yellow - then you will hear the audio
muted channel appear greyed out

deadmau5 fan per chance?
Haha thank you! And yes :p
Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAmc9TUS ... ata_player

Hau5beat

Post by Hau5beat » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:22 pm

strobe lights in the eyes. EL wire all over.

I really want to get better at ableton, I actually study CS and have always been great with hardware and software, this just for whatever reason has me lost at times.

Hau5beat

Post by Hau5beat » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:31 pm

please do excuse my n00b-ism.

i started a new live session, or file, whatever it should be called. and after a while it allowed me to select the tracks and make the numbers yellow. as shown in the photo i will now attach.

sometimes when playing clips in the session, they wont stop and allow me to preview other clips alone, unless i remove and re-add them, is there a way or button to just press everything whenever i want and it wont start playing the sounds? excuse my silly descriptions, quite over tired and trying to get the hang of this!

also., without making a new topic... as seen in plenty of videos on youtube about the launchpad, like madeon and others, they go into user 1 mode for a drum pad, or sometimes for pianos keys, and much more... i cant even figure out how to assign anything to user 1 or 2 ! :/

so much for the A's I get in C++ and java.