Page 3 of 6

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:57 pm
by Tarekith
edit...

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:18 pm
by FORMAT
I'm looking forward to the release of the new Monolake album. The previews on SC sound KILLER!!!!

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:05 pm
by Angstrom
monolake wrote:
chapelier fou wrote:i can't believe robert takes the time to answer....
i am writing emails all day long today, this actually feels like the easier task

( ---> procrastination time again ) <<-- great album title... hm.... ?

robert
Image

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:14 pm
by simmerdown
hah, i like that...^^^^^
FORMAT wrote:I'm looking forward to the release of the new Monolake album. The previews on SC sound KILLER!!!!
yep, and i only heard him first time ten minutes ago...if anyone ever says there is something lacking in Live sound output, im sending them there....

http://soundcloud.com/monolake/monolake ... um-preview

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:35 pm
by monolake
Angstrom wrote:
monolake wrote:
chapelier fou wrote:i can't believe robert takes the time to answer....
i am writing emails all day long today, this actually feels like the easier task

( ---> procrastination time again ) <<-- great album title... hm.... ?

robert
Image
HAHAHAHAHA !!! Angstom you are a genius !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:40 pm
by Angstrom
I'm an expert procrastinator!

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:08 pm
by Heiko
If you have a bit of time, pls surrender............:

http://www.monolake.de/files_audio/stea ... Music1.mp3

Lovely Journey!

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:17 am
by Nilus
Somehow this thread has turned into finding out about great music for 2012 and Angstrom so far has two (possibly three) epic posts in it already as well. Mind blowing really…

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:45 am
by mholloway
that mastering room pictured in this thread is truly a place of beauty. oh man. just....beautiful.

-M

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:59 am
by Gregory Taylor
Haters gonna hate, I guess. I appreciated Robert's response.

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:17 am
by monolake
edited

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 am
by newboss
monolake wrote: I have to come back to this, since I did not notice the very beginning. So, you asked me to be my "friend" on my personal facebook page and then you wrote that thread?

Wow!
I think you see that too serious.. first ..a facebook friend is like a nightclub friend.. nothing too personal..as soon you turn your back the gossip starts.
And the topic is from general interest.

All your friends and fans understand that you are too deeply involved with ableton and so nobody sees a major crime in your avoiding of clear statements regarding the relative and absolute audio quality of ableton live in comparison to other daws.

But of cause this politics makes them curious and the topic discuss worthy. But there is nothing to hide there, or secrets to be told, or?

So just for curiosity..and as i ve said.. i would understand when you avoid clear answers.

Do you really have an own icon? So you made major investments on protools within the last few years.
Is it correct to assume that you do a lot of mixing in protools? An icon is expensive and only beneficial for mixdown and tracking..dont helps with editing really.
Or is it just collecting dust and a sad try from digidesign to bribe you?

I dont doubt that you can mix in ableton live.. Its tailored towards your taste. You are the only person i ve heard of that likes the ableton reverb for example. So when somebody can get along with the ableton sound it must be you.. Just..
Do you really think that there is no audible difference between ableton live and the other pro daws what so ever? That a mix with decend track count and automation will sound exactly the same in live as a mix in nuendo for example?
Are you really into the every daw sounds the same myth?

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:07 am
by nathannn
ok get off henke's ass, he basically said pro tools is being used in the mastering house only.

also, you really need to start backing your claims up with some evidence that live sounds bad (it does not need to be boring scientific evidence either). do what i said in the other thread. record the live input of a real instrument into two seperate daws at the same time,make about 20 tracks bounce it down and share the sets. stop coming off as a dick and just post an example.

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 am
by Earwax69
But why (looking at the pictures) wich such expensive equipment they still use such tiny computer monitors..? I'm in front of a 30inch and its still too small!

Re: ableton sound engine and new monolake album

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:45 am
by monolake
newboss wrote:
monolake wrote: I have to come back to this, since I did not notice the very beginning. So, you asked me to be my "friend" on my personal facebook page and then you wrote that thread?

Wow!
I think you see that too serious.. first ..a facebook friend is like a nightclub friend.. nothing too personal..as soon you turn your back the gossip starts.
And the topic is from general interest.

All your friends and fans understand that you are too deeply involved with ableton and so nobody sees a major crime in your avoiding of clear statements regarding the relative and absolute audio quality of ableton live in comparison to other daws.

But of cause this politics makes them curious and the topic discuss worthy. But there is nothing to hide there, or secrets to be told, or?

So just for curiosity..and as i ve said.. i would understand when you avoid clear answers.

Do you really have an own icon? So you made major investments on protools within the last few years.
Is it correct to assume that you do a lot of mixing in protools? An icon is expensive and only beneficial for mixdown and tracking..dont helps with editing really.
Or is it just collecting dust and a sad try from digidesign to bribe you?

I dont doubt that you can mix in ableton live.. Its tailored towards your taste. You are the only person i ve heard of that likes the ableton reverb for example. So when somebody can get along with the ableton sound it must be you.. Just..
Do you really think that there is no audible difference between ableton live and the other pro daws what so ever? That a mix with decend track count and automation will sound exactly the same in live as a mix in nuendo for example?
Are you really into the every daw sounds the same myth?
Do you notice that you are ruining your reputation more and more with each post ?

You are not even being able to read, it seems:

1. my studio is a tiny room in my apartment. See also: http://www.monolake.de/technology/studio.html
2. i used to work on PT systems for various professional non monolake things in the past.
3. the pic are from the mastering studio, which is also a production house, however the monolake album was not produced there but in my little home 'studio'.

and yes, my idea of friendship is oldschool. and it works quite well in my private life. i can actually trust my friends.

and as far as your 'questions' are concerned, I and others did answer them at length in the past. hundreds of times.

robert