Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:15 pm

i'm going to break this down a little further for you levi.

remember when you were knocking me... for the tracks you can't find?.. well those had the following ALL ORIGINAL components:

bass line (played on a real bass)
guitar(s) (played on a real six string)
drums (Live's drum racks)
percussion (Live's drum racks)
vocals (one singer, one rapper)
additional Ableton Live instruments played via MIDI controller and/or drawn in.

we used 2 samples from outside sources (as in, not recorded with my mic) one was a hawk screeching and one was a door creaking.

come back and lecture me on my music when you create a (whole) song from scratch.

in the meantime, i'm going to have to asses your attempts at claiming you are more productive musically than everyone in this thread (except Sandy Vee) with a score of: FAIL

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:25 pm

levimoniz wrote:what I really was trying to get across was quit with the cock jokes and dismissive comments of zero value.
And so insulting people was an effective way to get that message across?
Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:30 pm

:lol: no, shit happened... when you got all holier than thou...

you might as well count this as a lesson cause there's no back peddling out of it.

i3igTripplets

Post by i3igTripplets » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Real guitar into ableton>>>>>>>>>>any emulation attempt I've tried so far; if only I could play the keyboard.
H20nly wrote:i'm going to break this down a little further for you levi.

remember when you were knocking me... for the tracks you can't find?.. well those had the following ALL ORIGINAL components:

bass line (played on a real bass)
guitar(s) (played on a real six string)
drums (Live's drum racks)
percussion (Live's drum racks)
vocals (one singer, one rapper)
additional Ableton Live instruments played via MIDI controller and/or drawn in.

we used 2 samples from outside sources (as in, not recorded with my mic) one was a hawk screeching and one was a door creaking.

come back and lecture me on my music when you create a (whole) song from scratch.

in the meantime, i'm going to have to asses your attempts at claiming you are more productive musically than everyone in this thread (except Sandy Vee) with a score of: FAIL

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:32 pm

levimoniz wrote:Who did I insult?
Come on now.
Unsound Designer

i3igTripplets

Post by i3igTripplets » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm

stringtapper wrote:
levimoniz wrote:Who did I insult?
Come on now.
This guy comes in to a thread about what a douche Katy Perry's producer is and he is able to hijack it into what a douche he is. I'd say he weren't a troll save for the susquehanna tracks he linked to and bragging about how soft his tunes are.

Successful troll is successful.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:02 pm

I understand where you're coming from, but if shadx312 in fact has no craft it's a factually accurate statement I will not shy away from making. People have been much harsher with me and I can take it, so I'm sure he can handle it too.]
I didn't think of it as harsh or as a deep blow and it wasn't intended like that. I haven't really found you as upsetting as most, and I have no interest in taking sides with anyone. Just because I don't have links under my sig doesn't mean I don't have material. When I'm happy with what I have to represent what I'm doing currently I will share it. It's up for the listener to determine whether it's crafted well or not, if at all. The only person I have something to prove to is myself, and when I'm happy with that, everything else will fall into place. It's nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary, it's just more music.

If quantity = dick size for you then you're only going to contest others who think the same way.
Do you see "successful" artists hanging around forums telling people they have no right to criticise someone else because they're not qualified? If a successful artist wanted to converse on forums would they be be more likely to show it's them or use a different handle so what they say is read without bias?

You're not acting any more professional, just basking in the glory that you're controversial thread is upping your numbers. Whoopdeedoo. I'm sure you're capable of doing better than those 2.
end of the day we both love music and Live and that's something we don't share with most people in our daily lives
A good perspective to keep in mind.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:05 pm

levimoniz wrote:
H20nly wrote::lol: no, shit happened... when you got all holier than thou...

you might as well count this as a lesson cause there's no back peddling out of it.
My friend, if you remember correctly you personally addressed me first. So really, YOU felt a certain way and YOU "latched on" to me.
actually... i do remember... it went something like this:
H20nly wrote:
levimoniz wrote:I love Katy Perry's music, especially Firework; the music video is also very uplifting and positive.
yes. her insight into today's world is uncanny. never before has such depth entered the world of pop music and subsequently the hearts and minds of the listener. when i hear her name i squint and see millions of tiny plus signs.

++++++++++++++++++++
posted from iPad with iTunes where there's a sale on Katy Perry's music.
that's from page 9 (for your convenience)

to which you replied/implied:
levimoniz wrote:Obviously doesn't do it
which was a reference to your brazen introduction:
levimoniz wrote:This is me textually laughing in the face of everyone here bagging on Katy Perry's records.

First of all, to one of the guys who posted saying he couldn't believe that dude uses 200 tracks for these songs, if you actually read the damn article it says he opened 200 instances of vsti to test cpu usage and stability. Then he goes on to theoretically state that he could have 200 tracks and 300 vsti open in Nuendo without any issues; this may or may not be true but nowhere does he say that anything he's been involved in has contained 200 tracks. Skim with more care next time to better hide your agenda. The fact that we are nine pages in and nobody has called you on this only shows that nobody really read the fucking article, which is my point here. The topic is the article and if nobody read it why is this thread nine pages deep?

Secondly, take a song like Firework.

Being that 80% of the people on this board don't have so much as five seconds worth of material anywhere for anyone to hear, it's laughable to me to read this shit because if you guys had to mix those raw vocals with their particular dynamic range it would almost undeniably sound like shit. SHIT. If somehow you guys managed to land a gig mixing a huge artist like Katy Perry you would fucking crack.

Phil Tan also had a hand in mixing Firework and Brian Gardner mastered it. There is nothing wrong with how it "sounds".

I don't understand how some people can even find themselves with an opinion here.

You don't do this. Fucking with eight-bar loops for forty minutes at a time does not mean ANYTHING. WHERE is your FINISHED PRODUCT? You may get away with sounding cool or smart to other people like you who don't do it, but to those who actually do it, you sound STUPID.

People whine about topics like this when really the topic is very valid; what really has no place are the fuckers who have literally not done a god damn thing musically feeling entitled to say something on the matter.

I love Katy Perry's music, especially Firework; the music video is also very uplifting and positive.
yeah. :|

those parts in red are real gems.

so i stand corrected... you initially weren't attacking all of us... just most of us... with information you pulled out of your pompous ass.
Last edited by H20nly on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:11 pm

i3igTripplets wrote: Successful troll is successful.
the ole douch-switch hijack, should seen it comin'

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 pm

yeah, well you painted that bullseye on your own ass.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:34 pm

wow. now you're comparing yourself to a prophet? :lol:

it's a long fall from all the way up there. that shattering you hear when you hit the ground won't be your bones. it'll be your broken dreams and the harsh realizations that come with them.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:35 pm

then again who knows :?: stranger things have happened... maybe the market for minimalist remixes will pick up soon.

i3igTripplets

Post by i3igTripplets » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:43 pm

We can call it Artechit.
H20nly wrote:then again who knows :?: stranger things have happened... maybe the market for minimalist remixes will pick up soon.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:49 pm

i3igTripplets wrote:Real guitar into ableton>>>>>>>>>>any emulation attempt I've tried so far; if only I could play the keyboard.
what did you mean here?

i'm assuming you meant no luck, because i haven't heard an emulation yet that is too convincing. when it is, the notes are so simple that you might as well play them on a real guitar because your skill level has to be about a notch up from zero.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:53 pm

levimoniz wrote:Business is booming.
yeah it must be. didn't you "leave" about an hour ago to "work on" that? you've posted somewhere in the ball park of a dozen times since. :lol:

:idea: i guess it doesn't take long to make a 70 bpm beat with a kick, snare and single Operator preset though.