Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
simmerdown

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Post by simmerdown » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:22 pm

levi...you have 2 songs up, in 3 different places, 8O LOL...by that gauge i am 8 times more competent and prolific (sarcastic face)...such bs

quit while you are (not) ahead, as this line of attack will only make you appear more and more silly, moreso that being a man(?) who is also a Katy Perry fan

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:31 pm

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

(btw the self-help business has always been a thriving industry)
ImageImage

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:52 pm

levi, do you see the absurdity of making such a deal about the quantity of work one has on the net, only to have 2 lil tracks up? the absurd irony? :oops: for you

on the other side of the coin...

does one need to be a producer at all to be able to form a competent opinion?

or do you just need to be a seasoned listener, one who has been an audiophile for a long time and can differentiate (as an opinion) whats good and what isn't?

example: a movie critic like roger ebert, does he need to know all the ins and outs of film production to give a thumbs up or down to a movie? Does he need to have directed many, or any films?...or does he just need to have seen alot and worked on his technique for presenting his view to the masses?....just thoughts

also...if you had a new softsynth, but by default it was randomly detuned on each note, and you had go into all the mixes you did with it and retune and patch the good bits over the bad to get a decent sound, would you call that a good synth, or a bad synth?

i'm sure all kp's stuff is very well produced, and i feel bad for the guys who had to listen to it for 100+ hours

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 pm

I'll listen to it for 100 hours with whatever it is they got paid...
ImageImage

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:31 pm

If you're not ACTIVELY DOING THIS you have NO BUSINESS in the Music and Audio Production area because you are not DOING music or audio production.
Well that's a bit extreme, don't you think?
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 pm

levimoniz wrote:Bro, you can really just continue being a legend in your own mind with one song available to the world, I don't really give a damn.

I find it hard to believe that a person who actually starts and finishes a musical project would not put it out there for the world to hear. I say this because I do it
i never claimed to be a legend at all. you discredited anyone that doesn't have a finished track. i said i do... so by your gauge i have a voice. then you said you googled H20nly and because you didn't find more in the results (and there are more than one H20nly tracks) you ASSumed that i don't have more. this isn't about my work. i'm not trying to prove anything to you. i'm not self promoting... especially in a thread about Katie Perry.

if you must know, i was part of a duo and i recently told the other guy to kick rocks because i was tired of doing all the ground work only to have him act as though he is a musical genius as soon as a head with a pair of tits below comes bouncing into the room. the dude plays guitar and sings, he wrote good melodies... half the bass lines, all arrangements, recording, equipment, money, websites, online networking, etc. etc. etc. was me. i knew by statements that he made standing next to me ("I just finished this track!" that WE worked on) that dude was the type of cat that would ditch in a minute if someone told him they'd give him a old school record deal (no matter how bad the fine print is). i asked myself why would i want to be part of a two man team that has one man doing all the work and one man taking all the credit he can when i'm around... and ALL the credit when i'm not. does that sound like a path to success? so FOR ME and MY music i told him i was done. i took down all the tracks on soundcloud and elsewhere (since i set all that up and had all the passwords anyway), but you wouldn't have found those ether by searching for H20nly. i'll give you extra credit for finding anything at all since the "0" is a zero... but part of me thinks the copy and paste feature of your OS might deserve it.

pretty naive of you to not even come up with the notion that i could be part of a duo, treo, quartet... you know, group. i have a track on a video game and 3 others i'm currently working on that are collabs... so they won't be "H20nly" either...

there. you happy? you made it about me... but i think you're the one with delusions of grandeur. i don't like Kenny G's music... do i have to break the Billboard top 10 to say that?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:10 pm

oh and... i never actually said that Katy Perry's music was bad. you just latched on to me cuz you wanna posture and bitch. bitch.

put that in your bandcamp and sell it.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:16 pm

gratuitous Katy Perry pick

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:19 pm

bitwig's been announced who cares about this thread anymore.
we are all going to be ok since peace on earth via bitwig is here.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 pm

The Palestinians and Israelis just signed a permanent peace agreement after reading this thread and realizing their own disagreements are petty and just plain silly. They wish you guys the best.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:29 am

wow levi, hats off, you are impressively stubborn and illiterate

good luck with that 3rd track....

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:31 am

H20nly wrote:Image

lol, what do you think she was just doing?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:45 am

a wise man (forge) once wrote; 'if a man gives you a gift and you don't accept it, it's still theirs.'
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:03 am

forge heisted the Buddha for that one...

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:52 am

simmerdown wrote:
H20nly wrote:Image

lol, what do you think she was just doing?
she's shocked at such crude language on forum.ableton.com

you gotta wonder what his attitude will be like when he realizes that it takes more than just making them.