Page 13 of 17

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 pm
by regretfullySaid
Nice.

I was curious to your comparison of Jagged Little Pill; I only remember a couple hits, but interesting that was referenced.

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:46 pm
by H20nly
:lol: wow. just when i was starting to ask myself why bother clicking on the link... :lol:

you guys rule!


*wipes coffee and snot off monitor*

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:02 pm
by MarkH
You know what the irony in all of this is? Greg Kurstin produced Lily Allan's "It's Not Me, It's You" album in Logic.

SOS interview with Kurstin http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may09/a ... t_0509.htm

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 pm
by simmerdown
from a few pages back
simmerdown wrote:
what happened to Lilly Allen?, now she had some good dubs
her i would mix all day long...and when i saw her live, on snl for example, she killed it

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:49 pm
by ollyb303
simmerdown wrote:from a few pages back
simmerdown wrote:
what happened to Lilly Allen?, now she had some good dubs
her i would mix all day long...and when i saw her live, on snl for example, she killed it
Lily Allen - oh good god yes

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:57 pm
by regretfullySaid
She's cute.

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:03 pm
by ollyb303
shadx312 wrote:She's cute.
Uuuh-huuuh!!

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:07 pm
by simmerdown
...and the accent...

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:20 pm
by AceLuby
Why not just scientifically confirm this through null tests?

Wait... it's been done before?

And the output was exactly the same given the same input?

How could this possibly be? This guy is a PRO and says that what has been scientifically proven is wrong... how can this be?

:roll:

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:10 pm
by regretfullySaid
Image

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:13 pm
by H20nly
levimoniz wrote:
AceLuby wrote:Why not just scientifically confirm this through null tests?

Wait... it's been done before?

And the output was exactly the same given the same input?

How could this possibly be? This guy is a PRO and says that what has been scientifically proven is wrong... how can this be?

:roll:
Good morning.

Actually, the test done by Tarekith from this forum showed that Live and Logic were not in fact mathematically precisely the same.

Are you referencing another test?
nope, he's referencing that test... AND the FACT that the difference is not only miniscule and inaudible, but that it's removed in the mixdown* process.

*mixdown... you know, that process you use when a song is finished :idea:

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 pm
by simmerdown
omg salacious

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:25 pm
by regretfullySaid
When I meet her I'm going to tell her she really helped me get through a tough time in an internet thread.

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:31 pm
by Tone Deft
levimoniz wrote:Actually, the test done by Tarekith from this forum showed that Live and Logic were not in fact mathematically precisely the same.

Are you referencing another test?
so, did you ever do that test of mixing one song into another at -120dB??

Re: Katy Perry Mixer - "Ableton sounded terrible" (SoundonSound)

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:42 pm
by regretfullySaid
Mario Paint?