Help with running Omnisphere in Ableton Live/ Vienna ensemb

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
raykman

Help with running Omnisphere in Ableton Live/ Vienna ensemb

Post by raykman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:32 am

Hello I was wondering if there was anyone out there that could help?

I have been trying to run Omnisphere in Ableton Live. When I run a stack patch 2 or 3 layers from Omnisphere in Ableton I am getting dropouts and a lots of crackling.

I do understand this has to do with the CPU and software being used. I read before on this forum people using the Vienna Ensemble pro to run 64 bit programs in 32 bit Ableton.

I did purchase the Vienna Esemble Pro but I am still getting the crackling sound whenever I layer a few sounds in Omnisphere. The Cpu says it is only using about 12 to 20 percent so there is some disconnect from software and CPU. I did fool around with different latencies but to no avail. I must be doing something wrong.

Does anyone out there have any experience with running Omnisphere in Ableton and how to run multis successfully.
I have tried Omnisphere in Reaper 4.14 x64 and it works great but I really desire to use it in Ableton Live 8

I have a Studioblade Gen 2 Keyboard
2x-Intel Xeon E5645 2.40 6-core processors
36gb of memory
Latency setting 1024.have tried 512 also
Presonus Firestudio Mobile

Thank :?: :?: you for your help

hendrikstudio

Re: Help with running Omnisphere in Ableton Live/ Vienna ensemb

Post by hendrikstudio » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 am

Sometimes I have same probs but i can get along with it by changing buffer size.. that doesn't work in your case like it seems.

I think the best is you ask spectrasonics by email.. if somebody knows.. they do & answer quick & good.

jestermgee

Re: Help with running Omnisphere in Ableton Live/ Vienna ensemb

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Not sure what the difference could be but I run Omnisphere just fine in Ableton with multis of 8 patches. I have used up to 3 instances of omnisphere with little issue but it depends on the patches. Some of the intensive synth based patches when loaded with fx can be an issue. The biggest issue I have hit is the ram limit due to Ableton only being 32 bit.

I have produced quite a number of tracks with omnisphere.

Is your omnisphere version fully up to date?