CPU Usage jumps up when tapping in tempo

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kanuck

CPU Usage jumps up when tapping in tempo

Post by kanuck » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:08 pm

I have the tap tempo mapped to my fcb1010. Normally my cpu usage meter sits around 20-30% but only and always when tapping in the tempo the cpu meter jumps to 100-110%. anybody know why it's doing this? anyway i can get rid of it?

i'm using ableton to host guitar rig and ableton effects to process my guitar live.

thanks.

kanuck

Re: CPU Usage jumps up when tapping in tempo

Post by kanuck » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:27 pm

i found the source of my problem but none of my methods have worked to fix it.

i have multiple instances of guitar rig and although they may not be activated (i'm using chain select on audio effect rack) when i tap in the tempo the message is going to all the instances which is making the cpu jump.

I went to each instance and set the tempo to be "free" (independent of host) but the cpu meter is still jumping up to the same point. is there a way to stop ableton from sending tempo information to guitar rig?

dr.mysterium

Re: CPU Usage jumps up when tapping in tempo

Post by dr.mysterium » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Right click the chain selector or device title bar, there should be a command called 'chain filters midi to device' or something similar. Try that.
I am Dr. M. Solo artist, member of 86BiTz, host of the Perfect Glitch Show, & the Live Jam Video Stream. Music on Soundcloud and BandCamp. Jam Archive on Patreon•••• I master audio & produce video of all of the above as Tremendm Labs on YouTube.