AXIOM AND ABLETON SUITE 8

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
samiro

AXIOM AND ABLETON SUITE 8

Post by samiro » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 am

Hi everybody! I'm new in this forum but I hope you will be so kind to help me with this problem.
So , I've been working with ableton live suite 8 and now I've recently bought the axiom 49 2nd generation midi controller to use with . Here is the problem : when I try to use the controller ableton recognizes only the midi signal of the keyboard and the trigger pad but the faders and other buttons don't work. :evil: In preferences----midi I have already selected the axiom controller and I have also downloaded a program ( midi monitor) to see if the problem was the axiom. But no ...the keyboard works perfectly and every button sends a midi signal so the problem must be ableton I suppose... Can anybody explain me why it doesn't work ? :cry: thanks! I forgot to say that I have ableton for mac os x and that I shouldn't have to download any driver cause apple should already have all the drivers that need for axiom. thanks again guys !

botstein

Re: AXIOM AND ABLETON SUITE 8

Post by botstein » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Are you sure that you selected the correct version of the Axiom keyboard from within Live?
ttilberg wrote: "Hey, Live isn't just for DJs checkin' their email, or Expiremental Dave at the astronomy theater."

mididiot

Post by mididiot » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:13 pm

in midi preferences select enable remote for Axiom controller.
http://www.paulrichardsonmusic.com, MacPro2.8/16G/5T, MacbookPro 16G,1TB SSD,Apogee, too many plugins

samiro

Post by samiro » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:03 am

thanks for the help! I've enabled remote control for the midi and now I can select every function on the midi controller...I've got only one question : why the does ableton directlink not work ? looking in other forums some people wrote that it's a problem of ableton...is it true ?

Samaritan Sound

Post by Samaritan Sound » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:14 pm

So far Direct Link has been working just fine for me. Did you download the latest version? I'm using Axiom25 on a PC.

samiro

Post by samiro » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 am

Samaritan Sound wrote:So far Direct Link has been working just fine for me. Did you download the latest version? I'm using Axiom25 on a PC.
Which version do you mean ?

Samaritan Sound

Post by Samaritan Sound » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:01 pm

I mean check M-Audio website and ensure you have the latest driver and latest version of Direct Link.