finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
pencilrocket
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:48 am

Machinesworking wrote:It's not even worth debating with you because you cannot keep a coherent argument going.
Not trying to be rude, just observing.

What exactly is your point?

You say Bitwig is a clone but Android is not. That, my friend makes not a bit of sense.
There is no escape from that lack of logic. :wink:
So you can't make your standpoint clealy because of lacking of the concrete thinking.

Do you understand the meaning of the post I did. I said Making nearly 1:1 poduct of other perticular product is called cloning here. Using and implimenting other companys' ideas for their one product in deffernt way is common.

Copying nealy 1:1 product is sued by the others. Okay? Android have been law case. Because Apple thought Google copied design of one of their code. Not iOS or product.

If it was whole product how would it be? Needless to say.
Image

sabiwa
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:16 am

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by sabiwa » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:04 am

Bitwig studio looks so delicious. IMO best looking DAW so far...that's an achievement already. Better looking GUI is actually all I need for Live...rounded corners are so millennium :|

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by Poster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:11 am

Machinesworking wrote:Again, Studio Vision had "clips" you could launch before Live did, which is Live's main big innovation selling point.
I think there's still a gap between taking 1 or 2 significant elements to build upon and develop something of your own or just take like +80% and add a few obvious new features..
The features that make it different are pretty much all user requests from this forum and could be on Ableton's roadmap as well, we don't know..

Anyway.. Only the future will tell if BW has a distinctive vision from which it will develop as something different or just stays in a clone realm..
Last edited by Poster on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarrova-Q
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by Sarrova-Q » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:43 am

Image

Just saying :wink:

Let's not get too exited just because the colours are nice - I wanted to put that in perspective.
I have to agree Bitwig offers some useful stuff though, but I'll wait for Live 9 (or whatever they're gonna call it) to strike back.

dokx
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 am

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by dokx » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 am

Hope they don't stick to this kind of Fruity Loops design.

If they (let me) switch the browser to the left and the mixer to the right I'll buy it. ;)

ikeaboy
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:38 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by ikeaboy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:57 am

What skin is that^?

Also what's the deal with the Loud and quiet section on there compressor I wonder? And Bitwig have copied shit loads of stuff, right down to signal flow indicators between devices.
Machinesworking wrote: Image

garyboozy
Posts: 2590
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by garyboozy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:11 am

looking at that screengrab, they've evn pinched the Tension logo for one of their buttons (top, next to the 'override' (back to arrange?) button):

Image

modecai
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by modecai » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:Image

Just saying :wink:

Let's not get too exited just because the colours are nice - I wanted to put that in perspective.
I have to agree Bitwig offers some useful stuff though, but I'll wait for Live 9 (or whatever they're gonna call it) to strike back.
i want that theme... the red font is a little dark, but its nice. Link?

pencilrocket
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Newer software are becoming their UI darker because of eyestrain. FCPX, Traktor, Pixel Mator, Adobe Premiere and etc. Windows3.1 theme is no longer needed from customers.
Image

puzzlefactory
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by puzzlefactory » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:08 pm

modecai wrote:
Sarrova-Q wrote:Image

Just saying :wink:

Let's not get too exited just because the colours are nice - I wanted to put that in perspective.
I have to agree Bitwig offers some useful stuff though, but I'll wait for Live 9 (or whatever they're gonna call it) to strike back.
i want that theme... the red font is a little dark, but its nice. Link?

You can get this theme (or one very similar) along with a whole bunch of weird and wonderful skins here...

http://sonictransfer.com/ableton-live-skins/

Sarrova-Q
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by Sarrova-Q » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 pm

@ Puzzlefactory:
Actually, that is one of the themes of my free Ableton Skins Pack.
Download the whole pack here: http://www.aurexmusic.com/lpdownloads
This particular one is called "aurex - DRK - Smooth"

I think most skins on Sonictransfer are very ugly :?

modecai
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by modecai » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks for the themes!

puzzlefactory
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by puzzlefactory » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:@ Puzzlefactory:
Actually, that is one of the themes of my free Ableton Skins Pack.
Download the whole pack here: http://www.aurexmusic.com/lpdownloads
This particular one is called "aurex - DRK - Smooth"

I think most skins on Sonictransfer are very ugly :?
Oh right, nice one! I'll definitely download them and check them out when I get back from work. :)

How did you make them? It would be nice to tweak it a little bit (for instance it would be nice if the arrangement page background was a slightly lighter shade of grey to everything else, a bit like Logic).

headquest
Posts: 1191
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:32 am
Location: UK

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by headquest » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:@ Puzzlefactory:
Actually, that is one of the themes of my free Ableton Skins Pack.
Download the whole pack here: http://www.aurexmusic.com/lpdownloads
This particular one is called "aurex - DRK - Smooth"

I think most skins on Sonictransfer are very ugly :?
Many thanks (and I agree...).

:D
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

Sarrova-Q
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by Sarrova-Q » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:25 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:How did you make them? It would be nice to tweak it a little bit (for instance it would be nice if the arrangement page background was a slightly lighter shade of grey to everything else, a bit like Logic).
I used the SonicTransfer editor: http://sonictransfer.com/ableton-live-skin-editor.shtml
Took me a lot (!) of time 'cause I'm quite a perfectionist :)
I think you can't change the arrangement page background however without also changing browser and devices colors (they all refer to one color).

Post Reply