finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tweaking Knobs

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:15 am

?

sabiwa

Post by sabiwa » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:55 am

Constant stream of positive feedback on their FB is filling developers hearts with love. There will be mating and dating-phase before Beta.

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:02 am

sabiwa wrote:Constant stream of positive feedback on their FB is filling developers hearts with love. There will be mating and dating-phase before Beta.
unlike ableton users on this forum to live lol :lol:

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Tweaking Knobs wrote:
sabiwa wrote:Constant stream of positive feedback on their FB is filling developers hearts with love. There will be mating and dating-phase before Beta.
If Bitwig don't moderate their forum more harshly then I give it a year til it's full of people complaining about their code too. If they left Ableton a few years back maybe they're the ones who wrote the buggy code of Live 8 that Ableton have been sorting out since! :lol:

On a more serious note I like the look of it, with Traktor/NI GUI, and Logic clips/tracks and an Ableton overall layout. In terms of functionality/stabilty it's still beta for a v1.0 (so basically vapourware as it stands today). By the time it's been out long enough and proven itself stable enough I'd serious consider switching Live 9 will almost definitely be out. That means Live will also be 64-bit, and have dual monitor support, and many other new features which Bitwig has (unless Ableton are total retards), so the effort to move will probably be large relative to the additonal features gained (if any, and also who knows what the Abes have planned).

So good luck to Bitwig, but my money stays in my pocket until Live 9 is out anyway. Session view has kept Live out of the DAW wars, so a bit of healthy competition is good for customers, even if we intend to stay with Live.

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Piplodocus wrote:
Tweaking Knobs wrote:
If Bitwig don't moderate their forum more harshly then I give it a year til it's full of people complaining about their code too. If they left Ableton a few years back maybe they're the ones who wrote the buggy code of Live 8 that Ableton have been sorting out since! :lol:

On a more serious note I like the look of it, with Traktor/NI GUI, and Logic clips/tracks and an Ableton overall layout. In terms of functionality/stabilty it's still beta for a v1.0 (so basically vapourware as it stands today). By the time it's been out long enough and proven itself stable enough I'd serious consider switching Live 9 will almost definitely be out. That means Live will also be 64-bit, and have dual monitor support, and many other new features which Bitwig has (unless Ableton are total retards), so the effort to move will probably be large relative to the additonal features gained (if any, and also who knows what the Abes have planned).

So good luck to Bitwig, but my money stays in my pocket until Live 9 is out anyway. Session view has kept Live out of the DAW wars, so a bit of healthy competition is good for customers, even if we intend to stay with Live.
I doubt that three people ruined ableton 8. If they did then what were the other 120+ people doing. Also why did they release it if it was so bad.

I do agree though that I will most likely stay with live 9 if they have done a total rewrite and implemented most of the features that are found with Bitwig. Dual monitor, 64, and session view automation, stable, lean cpu use.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

ziggomatic

Post by ziggomatic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:55 pm

i believe that Ableton should at least makes an announcement or something. i think that people might like Bitwig (to me it looks very interesting) so to me it's obvious that it would be a good move. I don't want to move to Bitwig, even if it's interesting, because i really like Live but i need to get some love from Ableton if you know what i mean. Do what you have to do to not lose a single customer.
iMac 27" 2.7GHz quad core i5 Live 9 Suite, Apollo Twin Duo, Moog Sub 37, Push, APC40 and KRK RP6, iPad 2 running Animoog etc....,

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:40 am

There isn't a response to the bitwig announcement that wouldn't seem neurotic. Its a potential competitor, its not on the market yet, no one knows what it can actually do. Using the 'show some love' relationship analogy, if your girlfriend was talking obsessively about someone she'd read about on the internet.... That's not the time to start talking about the imaginary internet love interest. Sadly Ableton can't ditch the flake, because we're the customers.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:59 am

Piplodocus wrote:
Post of the week.

cmusicmaker

Post by cmusicmaker » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 am

3dot... wrote:I heard bws comes with an extra set of Ableton stickers..

now..that's what I call generosity!!!
:P :mrgreen:

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:57 pm

still no beta announcement...(right?)

this rollout might take years tooo

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:52 pm

simmerdown, simmerdown

dont you know people will be posting shit all over this board as soon as the beta is released. There will be a flood of screengrabs and what it can and cant do. There will be a thread that will will last for years on comparing Live to Bitwig.

sit tight.

but seriously, still no beta (right?)

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:00 pm

the grass is always greener...somewhere else

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:31 pm

simmerdown wrote:the grass is always greener...somewhere else
It tends to fade with age.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:41 pm

ze2be wrote:
simmerdown wrote:the grass is always greener...somewhere else
It tends to fade with age.
yes it does, and I welcome that into my life.

xenomachino1

Post by xenomachino1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 pm

i hear it fades with "bezier" curves..... 8)