finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sibanger

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Post by Sibanger » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:59 am

simmerdown wrote:i believe farts are neither horrible, nor not-horrible
Dog farts can smell pretty horrible :lol: Lucky dog. Blueberries cost a fortune over here.
shadx312 wrote:What about 3 in a row (in a burst/quick succession)? If he can do that, please YT it. Totally possible, would be cool to see.
Like to see this too. 8)

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 am

Dog farts smell like hell because of the chemicals they're given. I'm willing to bet blueberry farts are a hell of a lot better than dog food farts.
ImageImage

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 am

shadx312 wrote:Dog farts smell like hell because of the chemicals they're given. I'm willing to bet blueberry farts are a hell of a lot better than dog food farts.
thats right...and when he gets hold of the cat food? ....run

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:34 am

8O
What about catnip?

What if catnip to dogs is like bath salts to us...
ImageImage

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:16 pm

scutheotaku wrote:I don't feel like reading through all these posts, so I'll just ask...has anyone here tried Bitwig, and, if so, how is it? Is the interface as ugly and unintuitive as it looks? How are its various "Live killer" features? Does it seem stable (though of course this is a beta, so...)? Does it feature the famous Brown Henke sound engine?
page 99 or 98->

Knight Industry

Post by Knight Industry » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:23 pm

I have to say though maybe ableton have procrastinated for too long this
time, looking at the preview of bit wig, is there really anything live 9
could add that bit wig won't of already implemented if it does have
the workflow improvements they are claiming lets just hope it's
not bug central.

chances are the developers of bit wig are folk jut like us who have used live
for years and are now sick of waiting for basic features to be implemented that should of been there when live 8 was released 3 years ago

Of course all this is going to slow any chance of live 9 coming out for a while
now you realize.

Im all up for supporting the underdog `viva la resistance!`

Ableton have most defiantly taken there finger of the pulse with this
one, and in all rights deserve whats coming to them
You can't claim to be one of the number one daws and completely
ignore your customer base for 3 years. People are fickle creatures
and won't have it if there is a better alternative
not in this day and age...

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:40 pm

dog farts smell horrible because they're from dogs

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:44 pm

ian_halsall wrote:dog farts smell horrible because they're from dogs
:lol:

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:55 pm

I just like the fact that they can't associate their fart and the sound that it makes.. If it's a loud one, one of my dog gets startled and quickly turns around to see who's sneaking behind him..

for some reason i thought shadx312's dog was going to fart 3 times in a row in quick succession and he was going to record it on youtube.. i guess it's just catching berries.. good but not as good as a machine gun/uzi fart

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Knight Industry wrote:chances are the developers of bit wig are folk jut like us who have used live for years and are now sick of waiting for basic features to be implemented that should of been there when live 8 was released 3 years ago
no, chances are it took Bitwig longer than 3 years. scratch that... fact is... it has taken them longer and they're not done yet.
Knight Industry wrote: Of course all this is going to slow any chance of live 9 coming out for a while
now you realize.
no, didn't realize that a company who barely has a half functional demo out has any real bearing on an established company with a mature product.

Knight Industry wrote: Ableton have most defiantly taken there finger of the pulse with this
one, and in all rights deserve whats coming to them
You can't claim to be one of the number one daws and completely
ignore your customer base for 3 years. People are fickle creatures
and won't have it if there is a better alternative
not in this day and age..
don't remember them claiming to be one of the number one DAWs. seems like a weak or diluted claim "i'm one of the number one..." :|

define "completely ignore".

there have been posts on the forums, newsletters, there was a free amp sim for Suite owners, and most recently a 64 bit beta... maybe you made a typo in your email address when you registered with Ableton.

*shrugs*

timday

Post by timday » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:52 pm

There's also been M4L. Even if you don't want to build stuff there's a bunch of free synths, the LFO plugin everyone seems to want, the entire pluggo collection, and loads of user created free stuff like step sequencers and event list editors. Not to mention the control surface madness it makes possible.

Funny how people are desperate to pay full whack for an upgrade because of the extra features but have ignored something that gives them a load of...er...extra features

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:10 pm

for some reason i thought shadx312's dog was going to fart 3 times in a row in quick succession and he was going to record it on youtube.. i guess it's just catching berries.. good but not as good as a machine gun/uzi fart
I don't know what you're on about but someone with a dog please feed them nothing but human food for a week and see if the farts are as bad as the normal shit they eat. I'm not saying it's isn't because they're dogs I'm just saying anything that eats dog food is going to "taste the rainbow"
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:47 pm

timday wrote:Funny how people are desperate to pay full whack for an upgrade because of the extra features but have ignored something that gives them a load of...er...extra features
funnier still... they have no idea what those new features are... or are not... on the new version of Live that doesn't exist since [unlike Bitwig] Ableton haven't made any promises... yet... AND many of the same people are not even aware of all the features that DO EXIST in the current version.

the desire to have the latest version has gotten so out of control that people want it before it happens. desperation is not the most elegant of human emotions. patience is much more rewarding.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:56 pm

H20nly wrote:desperation is not the most elegant of human emotions. patience is much more rewarding.
yeah, but has a chick ever made you wait three years?

gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme LIVE 9!!!!

it's not wrong to beg for sex. or Live 9.

speaking of Live whores, has anyone heard from Henke lately? maybe he's trapped under a keyboard that fell on top of him and can't get up. yoohoo Bobby!! free scarf and a vocoder for a post!! we have hair cream too!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:59 pm

i think all the Bitwig jpegs and disabled features along with the idle threats from forum posters have left him rocking in a corner somewhere with a bucket attached to his lip collecting the drool.

or maybe he's working on the new Find Me a Work Around button for those who aren't creative enough to come up with something on their own. - most needed feature ever.