finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Angstrom

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Post by Angstrom » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Finally, at last, after all this time, finally, Bitwig fiiiiiiinally releases a new video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvhNJK9AjQ

I think we can all rest easy now. Fully satisfied.

Joking aside.
Bitwig took all my Ableton Live9 wishes and put them in the app. METACLIPS motherfucking METACLIPS.

Meanwhile Ableton continues to shit down my neck by taking out features I use and replacing them with bullshit and clicks

panten

Post by panten » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Wonder if they'll give transient detection threshold controls. That's something big that's missing from Live 9.

Clip editing seems like such a no-brainer, in years to come we'll laugh about the old days reminiscing about a time when you couldn't edit a clip. It's like Photoshop without Layers.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Angstrom wrote:Finally, at last, after all this time, finally, Bitwig fiiiiiiinally releases a new video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvhNJK9AjQ

I think we can all rest easy now. Fully satisfied.

Joking aside.
Bitwig took all my Ableton Live9 wishes and put them in the app. METACLIPS motherfucking METACLIPS.

Meanwhile Ableton continues to shit down my neck by taking out features I use and replacing them with bullshit and clicks
this is very appealing.

the same final result would take many more steps to achieve in live9

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Wowee. Another tiny video.

my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

panten

Post by panten » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:39 pm

a tiny video yes, but start stacking them together and the picture is starting to look rather tasty

http://bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio

I'm well past the coveting stage with bigwig. It is interesting watching the snail race though..

by the way, does anyone know if the hybrid tracks mean we can have audio routed anywhere including MIDI devices. That would be another thing I would suggest implementing if not.

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:04 am

panten wrote:Wonder if they'll give transient detection threshold controls. That's something big that's missing from Live 9.

Clip editing seems like such a no-brainer, in years to come we'll laugh about the old days reminiscing about a time when you couldn't edit a clip. It's like Photoshop without Layers.
Yeah, I agree completely. I've shown multiple people stuff in session view, and just by complete intuition, when inevitably we need to edit a clip and I say you can't edit any recorded clip while in session view, they'll be "...uhh, are you sure? Why not?". It's pretty unbelievable and it's something I know 100.0% of people assume they would be able to do, until they can't.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:01 pm

Bitwig mail out
<snip>...However, the wait is nearly over: We will kick it up a notch again after the holidays and are looking forward to attending NAMM in January, where we will announce the upcoming release date and pricing information for Bitwig Studio 1.0!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Bitwig mail out realism edit
<snip>...However, the wait is ongoing: We will get back to slaving away and chin stroking after the holidays and are looking forward to attending NAMM in January, where we totally wish we could announce the upcoming release date and pricing information for Bitwig Studio 1.0 if we were only close enough to do so.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm still not all that interested without the modular environment.

Cool story bro.

:x
Unsound Designer

deva

Post by deva » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:12 pm

panten wrote:a tiny video yes, but start stacking them together and the picture is starting to look rather tasty

http://bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio

I'm well past the coveting stage with bigwig. It is interesting watching the snail race though..

by the way, does anyone know if the hybrid tracks mean we can have audio routed anywhere including MIDI devices. That would be another thing I would suggest implementing if not.

Don't know about your question... but the accumulation of these videos reveal a rather impressive host/instrument environment

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:00 am

they had the balls to send me a xmas email saying the beta was almost over and bla bla bla (never got a beta invite) it's the most elaborated prank for some vaporware i've ever seen

tone61

Post by tone61 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:39 am

Well now people know it won't be released during the next 30 days.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:01 am

You've GOT to lozles over bitwig. It's going to happen..........someday :lol:

In the mean time, the cats are napping.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:42 am

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:they had the balls to send me a xmas email saying the beta was almost over and bla bla bla (never got a beta invite) it's the most elaborated prank for some vaporware i've ever seen
I feel the same way. It's like the hype machine will not shutdown. I saw all the vids on YouTube and it's a game of tease tease tease.

After getting push and live 9 the way I want it to work it's going to take a lot more features to impress me.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

panten

Post by panten » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:00 am

Push will work out of the box with Bitwig with multiple modes incl. Sample editing/chopping and comprehensive Arrangement View functions along with improvements to melodic and drum rack modes.

:wink: