finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Carpet Cleaner

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Tight integration between hardware and software is the future. No more making a track in front of a computer like you re doing a spreadsheet.

If bitwig is just another daw, NAtive instruments are gonna take over the world.

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Awesome, my son's getting into arduino and max at the moment, hell love that place.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 am

The Carpet Cleaner wrote:Tight integration between hardware and software is the future. No more making a track in front of a computer like you re doing a spreadsheet.

If bitwig is just another daw, NAtive instruments are gonna take over the world.
Akai are giving them some good competition now though! I can already tell there are some features in the new akai combos that Maschine lacks, like a song mode and timestretch. I'm also curious about the sequencer. I wouldn't doubt if the sequence is shown on the lcd screen like it was on the original MPCs, which is easier than seeing only one sequence at a time on the pads. If the MPC software can actually be automated by the host DAW, then it's outdoing Maschine entirely.
Last edited by glitchrock-buddha on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Professional Shark Jumper.

synnack

Post by synnack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:47 am

JuanSOLO wrote:
shadx312 wrote:FatBag
!
If we've learned anything from the many years of ProTools trolls, that would have to be FatBag Pro. Having Pro in the name is instant respect.

Even "PoopShoot Pro" MUST have a better summing bus than "Bitwig". The word pro makes all the difference.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

dokx

Post by dokx » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 am

Well as long as even no beta is released discussions about it are pointless (not from a marketing point of view though).

Hope it's not a kind of vaporware anyway.

milfhuntr

Post by milfhuntr » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:16 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
The Carpet Cleaner wrote:Tight integration between hardware and software is the future. No more making a track in front of a computer like you re doing a spreadsheet.

Akai are giving them some good competition now though! I can already tell there are some features in the new akai combos that Maschine lacks, like a song mode and timestretch. I'm also curious about the sequencer. I wouldn't doubt if the sequence is shown on the lcd screen like it was on the original MPCs, which is easier than seeing only one sequence at a time on the pads. If the MPC software can actually be automated by the host DAW, then it's outdoing Maschine entirely.
I have seen timestretch before. I have seen a song mode before. Not new.

milfhuntr

Post by milfhuntr » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
milfhuntr wrote:

I wish someone would come out with something new. I mean, you have Akai making a new MPC Renaissance that is worse than products from the 90's. And you have Bitwig (a horrid name to say and even think about) inventing something that was invented years ago.

We need a new paradigm.
have YOU tried any new paradigms? have you gotten into max4Live? ever build with an arduino board? ever try to play guitar or piano? have you tried ALL the available DAWs?
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. And Studio One, Sonar and Cubase sucks balls.

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:21 pm

and there it is... new paradigms are hard to come up with. we don't need a new paradigm tho'. we've barely scratched the surface of what's out there currently... particularly in relation to gestural control, software stacks and audio/video manipulation.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:36 pm

milfhuntr wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:

I have seen timestretch before. I have seen a song mode before. Not new.
Cool. I have too. Have you seen them in Maschine? Because that's all I was talking about.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:14 pm

The multi user jamming thing is onna be awesome !

:)

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:21 pm

you hope. I remember people freaking out about the release of Max for Live - they couldn't play live until live 8 was released; without Max integration, Live simply couldn't be used. This suite of threads is eerily similar.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:28 pm

Lack of sampler automation and remote control is a fucking pain in the ass. I could've really had more fun last night if it had it. Sample/Loop Starts/Ends don't record as automation. Their changes don't even undo! That's partly what would make it an awesome instrument!
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:32 pm

sampler is really overdue for an operator style makeover. operator was mediocre until they upgraded it for 7. sampler hasn't changed since its release. you can latch all of those parameters to the aux envelope and modulate that, i think.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:36 pm

ImageImage

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:42 pm

innit. the one thing live 9 can't be, is live 5,6,7 or 8. it has to be different. what can that be? what's left in the toy box? perhaps its a complete rewrite that year zero's everything, just to please those people that think live lost its way when it went midi, got an arrange window. but now there's bezier curves and session automation