finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
re:dream

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Post by re:dream » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:20 am

They're a small group of people with a big job. Clearly they don't have a very professional comms department. It's been clear for a year or more now that this is going to take a while, and that their updates are going to be scarce. Chillax and stick around, I think.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:04 pm

I think they're gonna clean up very soon.
I will most likely contribute because the features are very cool.

Unless Ableton deliver bounce and slice, bounce in place, hybrid tracks, and meta clips before they do. :lol:
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:21 pm

i heard that Push is so infuriated about PDC it's leaving Ableton and switching to Bitwig.

xbitz

Post by xbitz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:53 pm

personally what I'm missing best (beside the full PDC supports) that's the multi-track midi editing

and a bit better session <> arrangement view integration (pleeeeease add a +1 to Clip shortcuts (aka. references, clones, symbolic links): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=164375 ), anyway I hope a little bit competition in the same DAW segment will do AL some good :mrgreen:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:28 am

H20nly wrote:i heard that Push is so infuriated about PDC it's leaving Ableton and switching to Bitwig.
I heard this too.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:13 am

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:they had the balls to send me a xmas email saying the beta was almost over and bla bla bla (never got a beta invite) it's the most elaborated prank for some vaporware i've ever seen
I've lost interest and found that email a bunch of BS. I'll stick with Live and my other DAWs.

deva

Post by deva » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:17 am

kitekrazy wrote:
Muzik 4 Machines wrote:they had the balls to send me a xmas email saying the beta was almost over and bla bla bla (never got a beta invite) it's the most elaborated prank for some vaporware i've ever seen
I've lost interest and found that email a bunch of BS. I'll stick with Live and my other DAWs.
I figure when it comes out you will still try the demo...

Post by re:dream » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:02 am

I have to say: I was working on a track last night (as one does, on Christmas night).

And I did have moment when I thought: now if only Live had per-note automation...

xbitz

Post by xbitz » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:18 am

The Finn wrote:I have to say: I was working on a track last night (as one does, on Christmas night).

And I did have moment when I thought: now if only Live had per-note automation...

per-note automation :D man let's start with the small things : where is the mouse wheel support ... for track zooming, and for knobs and for etc. :roll:

tone61

Post by tone61 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:40 am

And in scrolling brwoser lists...

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:51 pm

and the export to karaoke lyrics editor :?:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:10 pm

...and email to labels most likely to accept it...
ImageImage

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:41 pm

I dunno. I've been following for so long with this stuff, I don't know what to make.

Considering it's still going to be awhile and when that while passes it will be still awhile, I have to say I'm on the "what I have is good enough" wagon. I'm not likely to demo it when it comes out because it's taken too long, and I believe it's not going to be cheap.

But I'm a gear junkie so I still follow. Who knows, maybe someday there will actually be a discussion where we all talk about what we like and don't like about bitwig :lol:

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:55 pm

Honestly, at least for me, Bitwig missed the bandwagon. With purchasing Live 9 Suite (and liking it), Bitwig will have to have some truly gamechanging features to get me to even think about switching over. If they released it around the same time as Live 9, then there would have been a dogfight. But yeah, good luck to Bitwig and I look forward to downloading the demo. Next time I buy another DAW will be at least a couple years from now though. Unless Bitwig is priced unrealistically low...

However, being able to freaking edit audio in thier session-type view would be something I would consider 'gamechanging' to me (I'll never figure out why Ableton doesn't have this ability), so we'll see what kind of features I end up enjoying in Bitwig.

Post by re:dream » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:21 am

Well if this lights a fire under Ableton's ass and causes them to up their game we all win