finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
headquest

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by headquest » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 pm

simmerdown wrote:sounds to me like the kind of minimal editing one can do in arrangement view, but inside a clip...

i would hope that BW doesn't require an outside editor, that would be a major fail
I hope that integration for an external editor is right there in version one. As an Adobe Audition user, one of the major deal breakers for me with Cubase/Sonar etc is the fact that they don't allow me to use what is a far far superior editor from within my sequencer. I don't need a sequencer to do spectral editing/etc, but I do need it to work properly as part of a larger studio setup with professional tools for each job. Ableton is fairly good (not perfect) at this, and better than most.

Let's see about Bitwig when the beta is out. But let me say again: external audio editor integration and Rewire are both absolute essential as far as I am concerned....
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:11 pm

headquest wrote:
simmerdown wrote:Let's see about Bitwig when the beta is out. But let me say again: external audio editor integration and Rewire are both absolute essential as far as I am concerned....
The more I think about it the more I just simply take for granted all the stuff in live. I just know that when I get a hold of the beta I'm really going to love the new features, but i', going to end up missing some things that I never really thought about.

Even though I use reason less and less, I still would like to be able to rewire, but again if it's for stability sake I think i can overlook it as long as reakor is rock solid

Edit: my attention span is so short if they don't roll this beta out I'll loss interest...My guess is after namm when some more vids are released
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:44 pm

maybe full internal editing is too much to ask? idk...some more editing functions , even the basic snip, cut paste, gain on only whats highlighted, etc within clip view in session...maybe another view is needed?..but, now im way ot, lol who me?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:45 am

pencilrocket wrote:Why should we have used this software before talking about it? This thread is for forum users who haven't used BW. Isnt' it? Everyone is talking about it based on same information. Some praise blindly, some suspect the possibility. Nothing restricts argument. Why are you trying to controll this topic's discussion? Your attitude almost tells we shouldn't disscuss about BW's possible factors of plagiarism but should praise blindly (you said we just looked at screenshots of Bitwig Studio).
OK lapse in language might be the thing here. That's the first time you've used any objective terms about the subject of plagiarism, congratulations. :)
Sure it's possible, I just think it's unlikely, and again, as ex Live developers some concepts GUI wise they incorporated that look like Live might have been things they came up with in the first place, who knows?

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 pm

will bitwig have lfos as fx to use in session view to control parameters ?

also have you seen the send channels also accept clips ?

8O 8O 8O

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Lots of interest mixed with lots of conjecture here :mrgreen:

I'm just going to wait and see. Jumping into a new piece of DAW software is not a decision to be made lightly. Especially since I'll have to pay more $$$ for it :?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:23 pm

wow check out the new Cadillac!

i wonder if its summing bus is better than Live's. there's no way that thing doesn't support a 64 bit OS. do you think that Akai will make a dedicated controller for it? what about NI?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm

a lot of people who were too snobish to get Live might buy into this..
I'm not sure I like that crowd.
:|

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:29 pm

yeah those gas and brake pedals in my car do put me in a whole other class.

maybe one day i can move around in high hopes and unfounded optimism like you.

"everyone check out my tracks" reply in 3...2...

noland

Post by noland » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:45 pm

H20nly wrote:Image

and check out its native OSC gear control
give a man fire and he will be warm for the night
set a man on fire and he will never freeze again

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:59 pm

you tell me. you found some before right? say you didn't and i'll say you're a fucking liar... and so will your own post. :|

oh and BTW... my music is on soundcloud. just because YOU aren't allowed to listen to it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

why do you keep making this about my music? first you dog "80%" of the forum saying they/we are going nowhere. then you make it about your music. then you make it about mine... then you keep making it about yours in post after post in thread after thread. now back to mine. have some self respect. you reek of desperation.

post your links and STFU. if/when someone gives you props that's awesome. stop begging.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:01 pm

noland wrote:
H20nly wrote:Image

and check out its native OSC gear control
don't forget delay compensation and an awesome reverb. i can tell by the picture that automating curves will be a breeze.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:25 pm

LOOOOOL Levimoniz !
you have two (2!) followers on soundcloud !
You're a big fat Phony !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSTEqHxh3fI
:arrow:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:31 pm

:lol:

you lost this

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 am

my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir