finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rationalizer

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by Rationalizer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:02 pm

HeadrickProductions wrote:
Rationalizer wrote:
Peevy wrote:64bit

Where did you see that? All I see is "32/64 bit VST support" which could mean some kind of a bridge. Just saying.

I would assume that it is like reason which can run both 32 and 64 bit when installed separately.

And why isn't the BBCode working...
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 pm

tech44 wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:Will Ableton sue them for cloning whole design and concept? I think Ableton can win.
If they were part of the original Live concept, they may have some right to copy or maybe even to a portion of the code base....who knows.
mm.. If the project leaders of the iPhone and iOS try to manufacture iPhone5 thing from their company Apple won't disregard them.

tech44

Post by tech44 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:08 pm

pencilrocket wrote:
tech44 wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:Will Ableton sue them for cloning whole design and concept? I think Ableton can win.
If they were part of the original Live concept, they may have some right to copy or maybe even to a portion of the code base....who knows.
mm.. If the project leaders of the iPhone and iOS try to manufacture iPhone5 thing from their company Apple won't disregard them.
It's a difference of employment versus, ownership/creators. I'm not sure what these guys position were at Ableton, but if they collaborated on the original concept you'd think they would have rights to the portions they contributed, unless there were contractual agreements otherwise.
-----
Audiobombs.com: Free ableton racks, soundsets, touchosc templates and more.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:08 pm

HeadrickProductions wrote:.CAN'T WAIT for Ableton's answer cause you can bet that they will have a damn good one.
I'm feeling that too.

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Live has been out for years. This thing pops up out of nowhere.

What about the sound quality, and the quality of the built in VSTs? What about the sound of the warping? :x Designing a pretty application is one thing..

But I'd love to try it.

Tympanic

Post by Tympanic » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Thing is- as said- its version 1.
So, they need a user-base.
And, look at Live at v.1 and then bitwig at v.1.
Then compare. Then imagine.
Sure they can not be as matured as Live is.
All needed is a good start.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

>v< - that´s the question today

...the work of production is reduction...

some music

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Tympanic wrote:Thing is- as said- its version 1.
So, they need a user-base.
And, look at Live at v.1 and then bitwig at v.1.
Then compare. Then imagine.
Sure they can not be as matured as Live is.
All needed is a good start.

I would hope that they offer the first version at a cheap rate to get back a return on investment and get a user base. If it cheap enough I got no problem playing with it, unless Ableton comes along and blows my mind with live 9 :mrgreen:

It's great when you got two hot girls chasing after ya (even if it is for the cash)
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:21 pm

tech44 wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:
tech44 wrote: If they were part of the original Live concept, they may have some right to copy or maybe even to a portion of the code base....who knows.
It's a difference of employment versus, ownership/creators. I'm not sure what these guys position were at Ableton, but if they collaborated on the original concept you'd think they would have rights to the portions they contributed, unless there were contractual agreements otherwise.
True, it will depend on the contract that had been made with the programmer, product manager, graphic designer and etc. But it's hard to believe that every aspect of the Live's product have been developed on this contract. Too excessive similarity in every aspect of them. They can be even discribed as clone.

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:26 pm

pencilrocket wrote:
tech44 wrote:
tech44 wrote: If they were part of the original Live concept, they may have some right to copy or maybe even to a portion of the code base....who knows.
True, it will depend on the contract that had been made with the programmer, product manager, graphic designer and etc. But it's hard to believe that every aspect of the Live's product have been developed on this contract. Too excessive similarity in every aspect of them. They can be even discribed as clone.[/quote]

I know it crazy. That being said they must have know they could get away with it right? I wish someone from ableton would clear this up cause it's nuts that this can be done. I mean could reason developers leave and make a reason clone!?
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:32 pm

HeadrickProductions wrote:I mean could reason developers leave and make a reason clone!?
Oh god no. Don't even think about it :x

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 pm

pencilrocket wrote:
True, it will depend on the contract that had been made with the programmer, product manager, graphic designer and etc. But it's hard to believe that every aspect of the Live's product have been developed on this contract. Too excessive similarity in every aspect of them. They can be even discribed as clone.
An attorney who can't spell or write! Where'd you go to law school, University of Phoenix or ITT Tech? LOL! I hear they're giving out Associate Degrees in Law Studies at the community college. Or did you take a course in contracts at the experimental college? You're too funny. Keep it up, please.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:34 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:
An attorney who can't spell or write! Where'd you go to law school, University of Phoenix or ITT Tech? LOL! I hear they're giving out Associate Degrees in Law Studies at the community college. Or did you take a course in contracts at the experimental college? You're too funny. Keep it up, please.
Nice try noob.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:35 pm

and still no automation curves ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahaHAAAAAAAWTF..../throws hands up in air

Still excited as hell, this came earlier than I thought.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:36 pm

shadx312 wrote:and still no automation curves ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahaaaaaWTF..../throws hands up in air
Yeah :lol: perfect clone of the imperfection.

Magik_10

Post by Magik_10 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:37 pm

It looks pretty tasty for a 1.0 release and should surely force Abletons hand if indeed there is a hidden (a)ce to trump Bitwig(not sure about the name though)