finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
re:dream

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Post by re:dream » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:14 am

shadx312 wrote: MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY

Sorry to hear
Is Ableton Support any help? What is your specs and setup? There must be something unusual causing the crashing.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:48 am

The Finn wrote:
shadx312 wrote: MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY

Sorry to hear
Is Ableton Support any help? What is your specs and setup? There must be something unusual causing the crashing.
Live 9 :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Well, it's been awhile since I've done some hefty work in Arrangement, so that's where the crashfest began. For the most part, I've been working on max stuff since the official release, so I haven't had much crashing (apart from the "HandleStageOne" errors in earlier versions) since I've just been doing light session view playing with a couple clips at a time.

Most of the crashes happened when I've moved audio around in arrangement view. I changed my sample rate settings a couple times to see if maybe it had to do with a resampling issue (though I don't remember that ever being an issue before) and I also noticed someone had sent me .aif files...

I used to stick to betas since I found them to be more stable but a client has problems with them so I stopped. Anyway, I've sent my batch of last nights crashes to support.
ImageImage

CFM

Post by CFM » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:17 pm

This is the longest thread in history! A pint of Guinness and the book of records will announce this soon!

and folks... remember BITWIG STUDIO beta 'Soon'!

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:37 pm

CFM wrote:BITWIG STUDIO beta 'Soon'!

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Angstrom wrote:

Thanks for putting it in perspective....... what do they teach the kids in school these days?

Hd

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:10 am

I broke the refresh button on my computer waiting so long for this. Thanks for nothing bitwig!

CFM

Post by CFM » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:09 am

Well Knoweye, you have hit the nail on the head!

Bitwig may or may not turn up, but it was an ambitious project to get a DAW to work on all the major OP systems.

Bitwig however now has a larger problem - kudos!

It has become the laughing stock of DAW companies. From their announcement to the '1 x Live user' beta testing. What bate testing must have lasted now 2 years? They would have benefited from an open beta, free to use until version 1 is released something like www.plogue.com with Bidule have done.

Maybe it will be released with zero updates to correct errors, I would think not! Then how long would you wait for a fix, then how long will you wait for all those post version 1 features?

Bitwig will not get old users to part with their tried and tested DAW's only if they offer some feature that everybody will want or give it away at a knockdown price as a cross trade.

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Angstrom wrote:

It's a 24 hour clock, yet it uses AM and PM. "Humans 11:58:43", wtf. "Humans 23:58:43" would be more consistent and to the point :P

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:18 pm

We can only hope that the Bitwig dev team is paying more attention than me.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Angstrom wrote:We can only hope that the Bitwig dev team is paying more attention than me.

To this thread?

Or to Bitwig?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:27 pm

CFM wrote:Bitwig will not get old users to part with their tried and tested DAW's only if they offer some feature that everybody will want or give it away at a knockdown price as a cross trade.
maybe they'll get lucky... and Live 10 won't be released for 3 or 4 years giving them plenty of time to be the anti-Live solution once more. in the meantime, the Glue Compressor in one of my DAWs is more than a .jpeg... it alters dynamic range. :twisted:

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:48 pm

I've moved some productions over to 9 now, and its f'in great. I looove the new EQ8, and the new dry/wet knobs on the sidechain enabled effects removes a lot hazzle. Nice to have so much power natively.

The Wigs just sent out a new beta a week or so ago, so there are atleast some activity going on. But id guess it will be a public beta before the release, and after that we get a total newbie 1.0 DAW product on the marked. Then one or two years of maturing, fixing and updating and ofcource the eternal endles bug hunting. As long as there are progress and updates developed, there will be new bugs.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:55 pm

CFM wrote: Knoweye,
lolz

I'm perfectly happy with live. I gave up on bitwiggery a long time ago. Threads like this are just for fun.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:18 pm

please be more funny.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz