All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 159  Next
 Post subject: Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm 

I'm gonna produce with nothing but spoons and a tape recorder. Fuck it.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:28 pm 

Way too technical. The wave of the future is banging rocks together and howling incoherently.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:31 pm 

"Fuck em both I'm going back to AFRICA"

They already have a cracked copy of Bitwig Studio 8O

First deliveries of the Korg MS20 mini start around 30th May! Hope to get mine soon!

Last edited by CFM on Sun May 26, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:57 pm 

This thread is way more NSFW than Dhilsabeck's one...

Madlab sound unit :/: sounds FX, objects, guitar and electronics :/: end_of_transmission

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:11 pm 

Don't believe the hype, just be.........................

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:54 pm 

CFM wrote:
"Fuck em both I'm going back to AFRICA"

They already have a cracked only of Bitwig Studio 8O

First deliveries of the Korg MS20 mini are stated around 30th May! Hope to get mine soon!

I'm not holding my breath for May 30 given that it's been put back twice already. Very much looking forward to it when it finally arrives though.

Could be worse though. My workplace waited about 8 months for 2 Minibrutes, which puts the Push waiting times into some kind of perspective I guess.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:01 am 

I didn't mean both as in Live or BW, but hardware vs software. Anyway, migration is a total possibility if the high hopes are met but the big thing that holds me to Live is not having to know javascript to customize my control surface. I'm really liking the ability to control the software with my controllers with M4L and my patience for "real coding" is short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... -Ng#t=508s

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:15 am 

Bitwig studios has decided to call it quits.

Not enough cat pics.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:35 am 

dtto wrote:
htueaw wrote:
noth wrote:
Heavensdaw,
I'm not "up in arms", Im attracted to, yet conflicted about Bitwig. It is not that some random company dared to compete with the session mode that bugs me, its that ableton employees with years of deep access to internal information and development hurdles/roadmaps did. And not only the clip mode. They have targeted Lives other features like the racks, specifically promoted clip automation (prior to Live 9) knowing it was a major gripe from Live users and even seem to be copying M4L integration with their own spin. Its like they took every feature request that specifically live users ever put forward and built the product based on that (and even made updated but derrivative GUI assets).
As I say, they are free to do so. It just seems to me, from admittedly surface appearances, a bit sleazy.

افضل شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض افضل شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض تخزين أثاث افضل شركة غسيل مجالس و سجاد وموكيت بالرياض شركة تنظيف مساجد تنظيف منازل بالرياض ورشة المنيوم نوافذ الالمنيوم زجاج نوافذ رش مبيدات بالرياض الطاقة الشيطان الطب البديل الرقية الجن
I hear ya man.. But listen.. Regarding the Live users requests..Ableton could have done that too.. They didn't..
I feel like I have supported them both in financial terms and as a enthusiast of the product.. through all of the whole Live 8 fiasco and before.. I (like many others) have bought ALL Ableton products.. not only because of my allegiance to Ableton but also I because I dig the basic Live concept.. However.. I now feel I have been 'let down' by Ableton both as a Live user and a loyal customer. Ie.. the false marketing of Live 8 (share), the whole Live 8 instability issues, the Max 4 Live extra (paid for) add on (now freely given as a sweetener in Suite9).. The zero further implementation of the APC 40/20 .. The 1 week offer to upgrade at what I consider an overly hiked 'discount' price to the Live 9 upgrade itself.. which imo is pretty lame an upgrade anyway... So yes Bitwig does look very tempting in my eyes... put it this way.. I never felt like I was being 'shafted' for my loyalty before as I do now.. And maybe.. those employees felt/feel the same..

Hd

Fair enough indeed.افضل شركات التنظيف بالرياض افضل شركات التنظيف في الرياض شركات تنظيف بالرياض شركات تنظيف في الرياض مكافحة حشرات بمكة شركة تنظيف بالرياض شركة تنظيف الرياض شركة تنظيف في الرياض افضل شركه تنظيف شركة تنظيف الموكيت شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض شركة تنظيف بجدة شركة تنظيف الموكيت بالرياض شركة تنظيف بالدمام شركة تنظيف السجاد شركة تنظيف سجاد شركة تنظيف الاثاث شركة تنظيف اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف الاثاث بالرياض شركة نظافة بالرياض شركة تنظيف بيوت شركة تنظيف شقق تنظيف شقق بالرياض شركات مكافحة الحشرات في الرياض شركة تنظيف جدة افضل شركة تنظيف في الرياض نظافة فلل بالرياض شركات نظافة بالرياض شركه نظافه في الرياض شركات نظافة في الرياض شركة نظافة فلل شركة تنظيف فلل تنظيف فلل بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل شركة تنظيف المنازل شركات تنظيف المنازل شركات تنظيف منازل تنظيف منازل الرياض افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة تنظيف المنازل بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل شركه تنظيف المنزل تنظيف خزانات الرياض شركه تنظيف خزانات بالرياض تنظيف الخزانات الرياض شركات تنظيف خزانات بالرياض شركة تنظيف خزانات تنظيف خزانات بالرياض مؤسسة تنظيف خزانات شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض شركة تنظيف بيوت شركة تنظيف البيوت شركات تنظيف البيوت
I worked for a company that shall remain nameless thatbwas well known for making the best and most forward thinking doodahs in their class. There was a guy who worked there who was originally a chef but was groomed and gradually worked his way up to a VP position. He was a very disarming and likeable guy. People trusted him with sensitive information. He had access to everything. He worked hard. He could even be described as almost irreplaceable. One day he suddenly announced that he was moving to our fiercest competitor. We tried to be cool. We threw him a touching going away party on a rented boat. Everybody promised to stay in touch.
What we didnt know is that he had taken our 3 year road map, our vendor and cost information, information about our dealers - who was disgruntled, who was on the edge, who were bad payers and great payers, logisics info and contacts, everything, and handed it to our nemesis on a silver platter in exchange for a great position with them. They were a much bigger and more diversified conpany so his room to grow was greater there.
Anyway, we didnt know he had done this enemy data dump until said competitor launched a whole line of doodahs based exactly on ours. Right down to cutting edge boutique 3rd party tech we basically funded the R&D on. Like an army of ninjas they surgically targeted and uprooted our most strategic and sensitive accounts. And they did this for 3 years based on our roadmap.

Because they were bigger with greater inroads into "foreign" markets they had a greater economy of scale advantage and were able to deliver what was essentially our products at the same quality but cheaper. Of course the end users made fist pumps and migrated with relish. It almost killed us. It took more than 3 years to recover.

We were slightly pricey as we had to build the cost of R&D into our pricing, had some QC issues and so on but until then we had led the way. We couldnt give everything everyone wanted. We were a business and had to make a profit to stay in business. We were married to certain architectures, modules, tooling and so on because it takes time to recoup on that. We were a publicly traded company and had shareholders to appease. We had manufacturing delays from time to time. We had hundreds of employees who had spent most of their adult life with us. But every company pretty much has to deal with this. And no matter what splashy entrance or campaign based on promises of cutting edge tech and cheap prices a company makes, business forces always catch up, and the new game becomes the old game soon enough, with their own weak spots and wicked problems etc.

Anyway, to this day when I think about that I cringe, even though I dont work there anymore and cant help but be reminded of it with this Bitwig thing. The customer benefits for now, but there is always the chance (and possibly even likelihood) that what will happen is Ableton will be further weakened and Bitwig will strain under the growth and drop the ball and in the end we the users end up with two weakened DAWs.

I could be way off, and Im obviously biased. But the other side of all this is I get your point and even feel the same way as you. It may also be the case that Ableton has what I earlier called a "dark side" and they totally had this coming. We'll just have to see.

Thanks Don.. appreciated pal.. Like you say we have to wait and see what occurs..
I too 'feel' for Ableton from a 'loyalty' perspective..
But let's be honest here, sentimentality and a good business acumen rarely go hand in hand!
Right now Bitwig offers something that Live doesn't, a fresh approach to an old conundrum

Last edited by remas10 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:54 am 

Right now they offer NOTHING....there is NOTHING. In the meantime, I'm making music with live.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:08 am 

remas10 wrote:
Right now Bitwig offers something that Live doesn't, a fresh approach to an old conundrum

Bitwig is not available so it offers nothing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:41 am 

i can't wait until it is available and everybody realizes that its just software and won't cure cancer and suck you off while you make tracks.

i hope it's amazing, i hope it's a bazillion times better than ableton. But for now i remain skeptical.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:02 am 

You're skeptical that it'll be amazing or that it'll cure cancer?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:22 am 

Bitwig have missed the boat completely. Especially by not getting to market before Live 9 was released.

Totally pleased with Live 9 and Logic Pro X - who needs a third daw?

micronaut audio boutique

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:32 am 

If you don't want it, nobody will want it, and thus I don't want it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 159  Next