Page 147 of 154

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:37 pm
by smutek
Hasn't this been going on since like 2006 or something?

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 am
by deva
Theo Void wrote:To hell w/ Bitwig.
I'm sick of hearing about this bull-shit vapor-ware.

Bitwig sucks and Live is 1000% better than Bitwig!!! Do you know why? Because Live exists and Bitwig does NOT!!! End of story
Bitwig is not vapor-ware. And with beta-testers allowed to talk now, there has been a lot of new information coming out and questions answered on the bitwig thread on kvr.

Bitwig is real and it is obviously getting closer to being released. It has a lot of interesting and innovative features. It is forward thinking. Even if it is something I don't purchase myself, I can appreciate an attempt to do something better.

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:53 am
by HiEnergy
There are rumours about the Bitwig company being sold just before an impending release of the software. Is this for real?

EDIT: A founding member of Bitwig GmbH assured me that those rumours are a lie. Bitwig is NOT for sale.

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:07 am
by balva
HiEnergy wrote:There are rumours about the Bitwig company being sold just before an impending release of the software. Is this for real?
Yes, Philip Morris International bought them.
It is now called BitCIG

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:21 am
by ze2be
HiEnergy wrote:There are rumours about the Bitwig company being sold just before an impending release of the software. Is this for real?
I hope they go Kickstarter instead if they have to do something drastic like that. Im sure lots of people would back it. I would without a doubt!

Among the top ten sucsessful projects on Kickstarter (as in money funded) are some games that I was part of backing. Lets say they have like 1 mill users/players. 1 game licence is about $60, and players are likely to buy more then one from the same company. In that respect its not far from smothing like Lives user base. Its something like 1.5 mill Live users. (got it from a Live conference last year) So from the games they usually get between 5-10% of their user base into backing. Between 50k and 100k people. And they gather from 3mill to 5mill dollars.. The most sucsessfull one just reached 20mill, but they are crazy good (and open) about fan funding.

Lots of people dont care, but there are also a solid army that do care. Thus the company doesnt need to be owned by investors or sold to other companies if it needs funds to survive. The fans love to help. Its also great for the fanbase, they feel closer to the company.

Anyway, im just speculating, lets hope they dont need to do anything drastic to survive.

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:55 pm
by Theo Void
deva wrote:
Theo Void wrote:To hell w/ Bitwig.
I'm sick of hearing about this bull-shit vapor-ware.

Bitwig sucks and Live is 1000% better than Bitwig!!! Do you know why? Because Live exists and Bitwig does NOT!!! End of story
Bitwig is not vapor-ware. And with beta-testers allowed to talk now, there has been a lot of new information coming out and questions answered on the bitwig thread on kvr.

Bitwig is real and it is obviously getting closer to being released. It has a lot of interesting and innovative features. It is forward thinking. Even if it is something I don't purchase myself, I can appreciate an attempt to do something better.
I'm over it.

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:36 am
by eyeknow
I am too. To sum:

-they took too long
-I own live
-live works
-bitwig would cost money
-there is no guarantee it will work
-there is no guarantee that it really does anything better than live*
-I see nothing groundbreaking (though I certainly see that it could be a capable daw)
-IT'S NOT EVEN ACTUALLY AVAILABLE!
(and that's not even including some unmentionable things!)

I talk about it. I mean, there isn't a forum around that doesn't have a bitwig thread. But it is a ship that long-since sailed here. My "music" ain't pretty in live, but live works and I don't need to wait until the lifeblood has long left to use it.

However, I have NO DOUBT that it will have good initial sales. I hope that people like it when they plunk, competition is good for ableton users imho.

*I have a hard time telling through the CJ what is ACTUALLY happening that is so different.

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:39 am
by eyeknow
HiEnergy wrote:There are rumours about the Bitwig company being sold just before an impending release of the software. Is this for real?

EDIT: A founding member of Bitwig GmbH assured me that those rumours are a lie. Bitwig is NOT for sale.
I know it's not true, but it would be funny if it was? All that time just to sell it :lol:

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:04 am
by Theo Void
eyeknow wrote:I am too. To sum:

-they took too long
-I own live
-live works
-bitwig would cost money
-there is no guarantee it will work
-there is no guarantee that it really does anything better than live*
-I see nothing groundbreaking (though I certainly see that it could be a capable daw)
-IT'S NOT EVEN ACTUALLY AVAILABLE!
(and that's not even including some unmentionable things!)

I talk about it. I mean, there isn't a forum around that doesn't have a bitwig thread. But it is a ship that long-since sailed here. My "music" ain't pretty in live, but live works and I don't need to wait until the lifeblood has long left to use it.

However, I have NO DOUBT that it will have good initial sales. I hope that people like it when they plunk, competition is good for ableton users imho.

*I have a hard time telling through the CJ what is ACTUALLY happening that is so different.
I agree with all of this especially the simple fact that Bitwig is NOT available.

Do you know those people who just talk and ramble endlessly about all the awesome stuff they're gonna do but then just end up sitting on their moms' couch, eating cheese doodles and playing video games and NEVER wind up doing ANYTHING? Ya know, people who are all talk and zero action.

I find hose kinda people incredibly annoying. Don't you?

Bitwig is kinda like that.

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:12 am
by Timbeaux
Theo Void wrote:
Do you know those people who just talk and ramble endlessly about all the awesome stuff they're gonna do but then just end up sitting on their moms' couch, eating cheese doodles and playing video games and NEVER wind up doing ANYTHING? Ya know, people who are all talk and zero action.

I find hose kinda people incredibly annoying. Don't you?

Bitwig is kinda like that.
Sounds like german politicians, u r right !

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 am
by re:dream
Hmm, anyone bringing a new DAW into a crowded marketplace has a big and challenging job.

They get low points for marketing so far... and I for one am highly unlikely to buy a copy especially if it is pricy ( Live suits me very well and I don't need the opportunity costs involved in learning something new.)

But the advance plans we have seen so far look innovative and interesting. Well done to them.

And it will definitely spur Ableton to keep innovating.

So strength to their arms, I say. I hope that when they finally launch they will do well enough to keep going.

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:36 pm
by su
Theo Void wrote:Do you know those people who just talk and ramble endlessly about all the awesome stuff they're gonna do but then just end up sitting on their moms' couch, eating cheese doodles and playing video games and NEVER wind up doing ANYTHING? Ya know, people who are all talk and zero action.
I think we should think about talking about starting a band.


http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-thin ... a-b,11266/

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:56 pm
by William
If Bitwig offers stability and efficient cpu usage I'll be interested. I've got a beast of a pc and Ableton still starts to crap out with a low number of VST instruments.

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm
by H20nly
^ how would Bitwig help with that? unless you mean Live's native VSTs.

Bitwig might promise a lot, but running so light that your processor and RAM will suddenly have nothing to do but run more VSTs... i dunno brother... let's just say that i wouldn't buy without trying the demo if that is one of your main reasons for wanting a new DAW.

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:10 pm
by William
H20nly wrote:^ how would Bitwig help with that? unless you mean Live's native VSTs.

Bitwig might promise a lot, but running so light that your processor and RAM will suddenly have nothing to do but run more VSTs... i dunno brother... let's just say that i wouldn't buy without trying the demo if that is one of your main reasons for wanting a new DAW.
I mean I can load up A LOT more 3rd party VST instruments & effects in FL Studio/Studio One for example (two other daws I've tried on my system) vs. Live 9 before I start to get cracking/popping, etc. Live is notorious for this behavior.