All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 159  Next
 Post subject: Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:02 pm 

HeadrickProductions wrote:
Rationalizer wrote:
Peevy wrote:
64bit

Where did you see that? All I see is "32/64 bit VST support" which could mean some kind of a bridge. Just saying.

I would [b]assume that it is like reason which can run both 32 and 64 bit when installed separately.

And why isn't the BBCode working...

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 pm 

tech44 wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:
Will Ableton sue them for cloning whole design and concept? I think Ableton can win.

If they were part of the original Live concept, they may have some right to copy or maybe even to a portion of the code base....who knows.

mm.. If the project leaders of the iPhone and iOS try to manufacture iPhone5 thing from their company Apple won't disregard them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:08 pm 

pencilrocket wrote:
tech44 wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:
Will Ableton sue them for cloning whole design and concept? I think Ableton can win.

If they were part of the original Live concept, they may have some right to copy or maybe even to a portion of the code base....who knows.

mm.. If the project leaders of the iPhone and iOS try to manufacture iPhone5 thing from their company Apple won't disregard them.

It's a difference of employment versus, ownership/creators. I'm not sure what these guys position were at Ableton, but if they collaborated on the original concept you'd think they would have rights to the portions they contributed, unless there were contractual agreements otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:08 pm 

.CAN'T WAIT for Ableton's answer cause you can bet that they will have a damn good one.

I'm feeling that too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:10 pm 

Live has been out for years. This thing pops up out of nowhere.

What about the sound quality, and the quality of the built in VSTs? What about the sound of the warping? :x Designing a pretty application is one thing..

But I'd love to try it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:15 pm 

Thing is- as said- its version 1.
So, they need a user-base.
And, look at Live at v.1 and then bitwig at v.1.
Then compare. Then imagine.
Sure they can not be as matured as Live is.
All needed is a good start.

>v< - that´s the question today

...the work of production is reduction...

some music

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:20 pm 

Tympanic wrote:
Thing is- as said- its version 1.
So, they need a user-base.
And, look at Live at v.1 and then bitwig at v.1.
Then compare. Then imagine.
Sure they can not be as matured as Live is.
All needed is a good start.

I would hope that they offer the first version at a cheap rate to get back a return on investment and get a user base. If it cheap enough I got no problem playing with it, unless Ableton comes along and blows my mind with live 9 :mrgreen:

It's great when you got two hot girls chasing after ya (even if it is for the cash)

Swing like your life depends on it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:21 pm 

tech44 wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:
tech44 wrote:

It's a difference of employment versus, ownership/creators. I'm not sure what these guys position were at Ableton, but if they collaborated on the original concept you'd think they would have rights to the portions they contributed, unless there were contractual agreements otherwise.

True, it will depend on the contract that had been made with the programmer, product manager, graphic designer and etc. But it's hard to believe that every aspect of the Live's product have been developed on this contract. Too excessive similarity in every aspect of them. They can be even discribed as clone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:26 pm 

pencilrocket wrote:
tech44 wrote:
tech44 wrote:

True, it will depend on the contract that had been made with the programmer, product manager, graphic designer and etc. But it's hard to believe that every aspect of the Live's product have been developed on this contract. Too excessive similarity in every aspect of them. They can be even discribed as clone.[/quote]

I know it crazy. That being said they must have know they could get away with it right? I wish someone from ableton would clear this up cause it's nuts that this can be done. I mean could reason developers leave and make a reason clone!?

Swing like your life depends on it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:32 pm 

I mean could reason developers leave and make a reason clone!?

Oh god no. Don't even think about it :x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 pm 

pencilrocket wrote:

True, it will depend on the contract that had been made with the programmer, product manager, graphic designer and etc. But it's hard to believe that every aspect of the Live's product have been developed on this contract. Too excessive similarity in every aspect of them. They can be even discribed as clone.

An attorney who can't spell or write! Where'd you go to law school, University of Phoenix or ITT Tech? LOL! I hear they're giving out Associate Degrees in Law Studies at the community college. Or did you take a course in contracts at the experimental college? You're too funny. Keep it up, please.

Music

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:34 pm 

djadonis206 wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:

An attorney who can't spell or write! Where'd you go to law school, University of Phoenix or ITT Tech? LOL! I hear they're giving out Associate Degrees in Law Studies at the community college. Or did you take a course in contracts at the experimental college? You're too funny. Keep it up, please.

Nice try noob.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:35 pm 

and still no automation curves ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahaHAAAAAAAWTF..../throws hands up in air

Still excited as hell, this came earlier than I thought.

Last edited by shadx312 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:36 pm 

shadx312 wrote:
and still no automation curves ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahaaaaaWTF..../throws hands up in air

Yeah :lol: perfect clone of the imperfection.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:37 pm 

It looks pretty tasty for a 1.0 release and should surely force Abletons hand if indeed there is a hidden (a)ce to trump Bitwig(not sure about the name though)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 159  Next