Ni Maschine controlling Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Vocane

Ni Maschine controlling Live

Post by Vocane » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Hey I had a quick question that I couldn't figure out on my own. I hope somebody else with more experience will

Anyway, I am using the NI Maschine as a midi controller for Live with the AbletonLive template, not any other fancy templates. The problem I am now facing is that I cant find access to track 9-16. The knobs and buttons in the row of the NI Maschine correspond to tracks 1-8 from Ableton, but usually I have more tracks then 8 and therefore I would like to control these additional tracks as well with the Maschine. Think of it as shift of bank 1-8 to 9-16 and so on.
This is easily possible with the APC 40, but I haven't found out how it works on the NI Maschine. Do I have to use another template, or am I missing something with the current template?

Thx in advance.

Cheers!

Vocane

Re: Ni Maschine controlling Live

Post by Vocane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:45 pm

subtle kick

Ryanmf

Post by Ryanmf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Tracks 1-8 are all that exist in the Live controller template that comes with Maschine.

You'll have to map it all yourself in the Controller Editor or use someone elses custom mapping, like this one.

TabSel

Post by TabSel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Use the blue group buttons to scroll through your tracks/scenes?

Vocane

Post by Vocane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Hey RyanMF, that other template is from a whole other level mate, it's really deep.

Is there somekind of a manual that describes the mapping, because now they just use abbreviations which i dont understand.

Ryanmf

Post by Ryanmf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Vocane wrote:Hey RyanMF, that other template is from a whole other level mate, it's really deep.

Is there somekind of a manual that describes the mapping, because now they just use abbreviations which i dont understand.
Unfortunately there isn't. My best recommendation would be to read through that thread, and if you have questions that remain unanswered that would also be a good place to start asking questions. You may also want to spend some time inspecting the template in the Controller Editor. Some things may be a bit more obvious when you can see the category names for the buttons above the screens and the encoders below. M. CTRL is "Macro control"—basically for controlling parameters of whichever effects/instruments you have loaded up.