Future NI TRAKTOR going the live way

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Carpet Cleaner

Re: Future NI TRAKTOR going the live way

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:10 pm

I don't think this new controller or any NI hardware actually compete with each other. Someone said that they should slow down because you can't buy them all ? but why would you do that?

S2/S4 have integrated mixers with them. So if you want all in one, go for that.

I recently bought a DJM800 + a X1, and it's awesome. And I'm pretty sure I'll get the new controller to play with sample decks. But if you have a S4/S2 , I think you can benefit from this new controller as well. It seems it's going to update traktor with a more detailed view on the sample Decks, but no other major difference.

Anyway, that looks really cool.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:11 pm

I only wonder how this affects the S4/S2 as those don't have RGB buttons.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 pm

beats me wrote:Am I alone in thinking NI needs to take a breather for awhile? At least in the hardware department? It feels like the S4 controller came out 6 months ago…and then the S2….and then this. Then there’s Maschine and Maschine Mikro. This shit ain’t cheap. At the very least drop all the options at once and then take a break. It’s really annoying when they drop a flagship which might be more than some people need but they buy it anyway because it’s the only option and then months later NI releases a watered down and cheaper version that would have worked for them in the first place.
no you're not, the thing is though that Native instruments need to break their legs trying to beef up maschines development cause since they don't say anything over there on the maschine forum and stopped doing the on the record sessions people think well we hope they're workin hard on a better os for maschine and then it's like every five minutes they come out with something else. now last time it was the komplete integration crap, then the mikro, ok fine but now we see they've been spending late nights with this new traktor os and controller, right about now they're like the opposite of ableton when it comes to getting product out but the cats out the bag now on how fast they move and they better be bringing Maschine up to speed and i mean real quick cause everybody is wise to them now.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:35 pm

The Carpet Cleaner wrote:Someone said that they should slow down because you can't buy them all ? but why would you do that?

That would be me!

Mainly I think NI should stop releasing flagships and then after they feel they’ve milked enough money off the flagship they release a more minimal version. There’s absolutely no reason they couldn’t have released the S4 and S2 at the same time other than what I just said.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:29 am

starving student wrote:
beats me wrote:Am I alone in thinking NI needs to take a breather for awhile? At least in the hardware department? It feels like the S4 controller came out 6 months ago…and then the S2….and then this. Then there’s Maschine and Maschine Mikro. This shit ain’t cheap. At the very least drop all the options at once and then take a break. It’s really annoying when they drop a flagship which might be more than some people need but they buy it anyway because it’s the only option and then months later NI releases a watered down and cheaper version that would have worked for them in the first place.
no you're not, the thing is though that Native instruments need to break their legs trying to beef up maschines development cause since they don't say anything over there on the maschine forum and stopped doing the on the record sessions people think well we hope they're workin hard on a better os for maschine and then it's like every five minutes they come out with something else. now last time it was the komplete integration crap, then the mikro, ok fine but now we see they've been spending late nights with this new traktor os and controller, right about now they're like the opposite of ableton when it comes to getting product out but the cats out the bag now on how fast they move and they better be bringing Maschine up to speed and i mean real quick cause everybody is wise to them now.
They are just realeasing new toy and hyping fanboy and getting their revenue. A mass of advertise, a mass of stealth marketing, a mass of fanboy, and success of their business. Their official forum is maintaind by unpaid persons. :lol: What a noob company.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:51 pm

their software are clean and efficients.
their controller are well made and extremely well thought regarding software integration.
And they innovate regularly.

You're the noob :mrgreen:

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:32 pm

their software are clean and efficients *for noob.
their controller are well made and extremely well thought regarding software integration *for noob.
And they innovate regularly *for fanboy.

You forgot to add those words. You misled.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:47 pm

pencilrocket wrote:a mass of fanboy,
as much as pencilrocket is hard to understand and extremely difficult at times, this made me laugh real good. I think it's pretty spot on.

However I dont think making integration and controllers for 'noobs' is a bad thing.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:44 am

pencilrocket wrote:their software are clean and efficients *for noob.
their controller are well made and extremely well thought regarding software integration *for noob.
And they innovate regularly *for fanboy.

You forgot to add those words. You misled.
Haha you re such a troll sometimes :P

noland

Post by noland » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:39 pm

The new contoller is called the F1 and the new Traktor Pro 2.5 will be called Traktor Remix. And by the way its announced as an assault on ableton. They are really under pressure now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JiugHfJ ... r_embedded
give a man fire and he will be warm for the night
set a man on fire and he will never freeze again

pro.tone

Post by pro.tone » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:50 pm

noland wrote:The new contoller is called the F1 and the new Traktor Pro 2.5 will be called Traktor Remix. And by the way its announced as an assault on ableton. They are really under pressure now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JiugHfJ ... r_embedded
.."and I will give that to our colleagues in Berlin-Mitte"...BOOOOOM!!...
HW: MacbookPro, PUSH, US-144, Equitek e300, Yamaha NS10, AKG 271
SW: Live 9 Suite, PXT, Sibelius 7, Pianoteq 4, Komplete 8 ult., Cinem. Strings 2, EWH Strings diamond

"Music is art - audio is technology"

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Wow they totally use Ableton as a way to describe what they are going for here.

I think it's cool that Ableton Live has had such an influence on DAW's, Laptop performance and DJing via laptop. You gotta give it to Ableton for not releasing an update in 2plus years, YET that product is so influential, even though these other companies are advancing on those ideas in REALLY cool ways.

That pressure on Ableton to produce a Line 9 has to be big, has to feel heavy. So excited to see Live 9, as well as the other stuff happening.

That said, Reaktor has not had a full version update in twice as long as Live, yet that software is still highly innovative, useful, influential, and in many ways still out performs so many others.
Last edited by JuanSOLO on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:34 am

where the fuck is the F1 video, the second 1?

noland

Post by noland » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:27 am

Oh, its been deleted and the thread i found it in the Traktor forum has been deleted as well (but they close/delete threads all the time). Maybe it was a little bit too straight forward in the face of ableton.

Anyway, rumors say the F1 and Traktor Remix will be released in April at the 10th anniversary of the LA settlement

noland

Post by noland » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:48 pm

all recent infos on the F1 and traktor Remix
http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/01/ex ... -software/

and all known video material in one clip (the "in your face ableton" presentation starts at 4:57)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrhRMZDHp-8