Automation Issues using Virus TI

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thelillyman

Automation Issues using Virus TI

Post by thelillyman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:09 pm

HI Guys,

I have recently started to use Live 8 as my DAW as I felt a change was needed - I am still getting used to the techniques and methods and it all was going well until this evening - I was recording an automated modulation via my Access TI and upon playing this recording back the automation was present and all was cool- I saved and backed up all of my progress so far and then checked something within another project. When I returned to the automated information on my current project I could no longer hear the automation however I could see it (It was no longer highlighted brightly though) In the drop down menu on the Automation Control Chooser I could still see the data however it's now showing as inactive. Would any body please be able to shed some light on this as I've rattled my brains around and still am no closer to being able to hear the automation again - I'm sure it's something very simple however I just can't seem to stumble across it. Any help or info would be graciously accepted - All the best and I look forward to hearing from you - The Lillyman!!!

monk_volcano

Re: Automation Issues using Virus TI

Post by monk_volcano » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm guessing you just need to hit the back to arrange. button at the top of the screen by the play button. If not the. it probably is a glitch

thelillyman

Re: Automation Issues using Virus TI

Post by thelillyman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 pm

You sir are a lovely genius lol I knew it would be something ridiculously simple - I'm really getting a buzz out of learning how to use a new DAW but sometimes the most simple things kill me - Awesome - thanks mate - all the best! The Lillyman!