Not too much to expect . . .

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
artworks

Not too much to expect . . .

Post by artworks » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:05 pm

remute99 wrote:It's kinda astonishing that Ableton still, after all this time, haven't got it that all most people want is some basic communication that says yes, we're here, this is what's going on, etc.
Why they've withdrawn so much from the forums is, frankly, baffling.
Indeed!

regretfullySaid

Re: Not too much to expect . . .

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:14 pm

ImageImage

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:18 pm

(already in my clipboard, so, lol. regifting)

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Word!
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:47 pm

levimoniz wrote:Why would they want to hang around this shithole?
Wait... Why would we want to hang around this shithole? 8O

:x

agent314

Post by agent314 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:28 pm

They're probably afraid of people disliking their Youtube vids

Smart move on their part, really

nycmex77

Post by nycmex77 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:50 pm

agent314 wrote:They're probably afraid of people disliking their Youtube vids

Smart move on their part, really

+1

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:54 pm

Yeah I guess it's safe to assume that there's nothing new to say; talk is cheap, they said they'd focus on bugs and they're working their asses off. A picture of evidence would bring morale up I think, though. A programmer who lost a lot of weight, has lost the look of life in their eyes, just barely holding themselves up in front of the screen....maybe a necklace made of Red Bulls...Henke holding a gun to the coders head....or it's gone like this, in which I can empathize.
ImageImage

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:07 am

shadx312 wrote:Yeah I guess it's safe to assume that there's nothing new to say; talk is cheap, they said they'd focus on bugs and they're working their asses off. A picture of evidence would bring morale up I think, though. A programmer who lost a lot of weight, has lost the look of life in their eyes, just barely holding themselves up in front of the screen....maybe a necklace made of Red Bulls...Henke holding a gun to the coders head....or it's gone like this, in which I can empathize.
The other option is more paid releases, less bug fixes = more angry users.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:46 am

A restless, anxious user-base doesn't seem a good thing for a company, true; but I don't have a good sense of how much the restless anxiousness of this forum actually represents the overall user-base of Live; perhaps it doesn't, at all, in which case, they don't have much to worry about.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:08 pm

mholloway wrote:A restless, anxious user-base doesn't seem a good thing for a company, true; but I don't have a good sense of how much the restless anxiousness of this forum actually represents the overall user-base of Live; perhaps it doesn't, at all, in which case, they don't have much to worry about.
true true....and a certain amount of anticipation is goood, even if it spills over to actual :x anger its not going to stop anyone from buying the minute 9 comes out....

gorillaknuckles

Post by gorillaknuckles » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Anxious and restless users start to look over the fence at things like Studio One and start to wonder, hmmm, why am I still hanging out with this aging old cougar who barely talks to me?

Dragonbreath

Post by Dragonbreath » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:56 pm

gorillaknuckles wrote:Anxious and restless users start to look over the fence at things like Studio One and start to wonder, hmmm, why am I still hanging out with this aging old cougar who barely talks to me?

because as much as theres a few quirks that drive you nuts, shes the best lay you ever had and does things you know youl never find elsewhere...;p