Poll: Who is sticking around and who is moving on?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Punky921

Re: Poll: Who is sticking around and who is moving on?

Post by Punky921 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:59 pm

HeadrickProductions wrote:
Punky921 wrote:I have a lot invested in Live right now, so the idea of moving platforms is not at ALL appealing to me.
That's how avid gets ya for life!
Yeah, that's what they did to me with Torq, the bastards.

toph

Post by toph » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:34 pm

Machinesworking wrote:I agree, there are however companies that are just easier to support, the smaller ones tend to have a better public relations approach.
I would take sides with U-He, Ohm Force, Ableton, and Camel Audio over Apple, NI, Waves, or Digidesign.
I'm fully with you in case of U-He (Urs is the most responsive and gentle guy running a software company I've come across so far) and Ohm Force, I can't comment on Camel Audio and would have been also fully with you in case of Ableton until 2010, but find there behaviour regarding marketing and communication questionable since then. I'm still using Live and like to work with it, but bought S1 as an Alternative and will keep an eye on Bitwig.

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 pm

JuanSOLO wrote:I will be trying bitwig and using Live, and a few years into that who knows.

I dont really take sides, or feel victimized by software companies.
totally agree man, i mean, wtf? they do their best, you do your best period. Great musicians and performers find a way to get the point across, and that's it. :)

deva

Post by deva » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:57 pm

+1

Live does everything I need and is fun and relatively easy to work with. Any wishes for improvements are fairly modest... a few more midi utilities would be nice along with an LFO... Any workflow enhancements would be welcome, but the feature set is good enough for me as is...

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:12 pm

imma wait til you all rip 9 and bitwig to shreds before i make any moves, i love Live as it is, does all i need and more...i can understand how it might fall short for a pro producer etc, but.....yeh