Poll: Who is sticking around and who is moving on?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
simmerdown

Re: Poll: Who is sticking around and who is moving on?

Post by simmerdown » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:25 am

didnt know my beard had a name

so my old dutch is hiding my third nip, what a day

candy warlos

Post by candy warlos » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:03 pm

I'll keep using Live as long as there's nothing really better and easier to use out there.
But I won't buy any other Ableton product ever, unless upgrade to Live 9 is $1,99 or something…(Basically, I already paid upgrades from 5 to 7 to 8 just for minor improvements and gadgets that weren't really worth the money…)

toph

Post by toph » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:26 pm

candy warlos wrote:I already paid upgrades from 5 to 7 to 8 just for minor improvements and gadgets that weren't really worth the money…
My very subjective view of this statement is that this is a very subjective point of view. ;) ... racks, suite package, slicing, rex-supoort, groups, groove quantize - just to mention a few.

C.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:38 pm

for production..I'm using reaper more and more since Live8..if that says anything..
that said..
it's hard for me to think of letting go of Live..
I've switched 4 bass guitars..in my lifetime..
changing softwares will be a lot more problematic..

gorillaknuckles

Post by gorillaknuckles » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Yeah, thats the thing. So much invested -- it makes the thought of transferring things kinda daunting... I wish Ableton would just get it together and give their customers the much overdue update.

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:30 pm

-1 sticking around.

Edit: The longer Live 9 takes, the better it will be.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:58 pm

gorillaknuckles wrote:Yeah, thats the thing. So much invested -- it makes the thought of transferring things kinda daunting... I wish Ableton would just get it together and give their customers the much overdue update.
in business there are many factors that can draw your efforts, attention, and resources in different directions...even though your focus is on doing the best for the customers your often have to weigh their needs against the survival and advancement of the company...not talking out my ass either, ive got 3 businesses and it is a constant juggle...im sure that if they could have an update out tomorrow, they would, not sure what factor are holding things up, but i guarantee they are not wanting to alienate or lose anyone...

keefbaker

Post by keefbaker » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:21 pm

Kind of half and half really... It doesn't crash THAT much on me, and it's really versatile, the only bits that feel missing are niggles I can live with.

That said I write a lot in renoise now, I'll always stem off the mix and finish the full job in Live now so i have free CPU cycles and add the extra bits but... you know.. It's a nice process that works.

I don't see that the whole "run away in panic because it hasn't been updated in a while" is a valid point of view.

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:29 pm

gorillaknuckles wrote:Yeah, thats the thing. So much invested -- it makes the thought of transferring things kinda daunting... I wish Ableton would just get it together and give their customers the much overdue update.
Patience.

I believe Live 9 will be as great a leap as ever but they're building it with a care and attention they didn't with Live 8 and I'm certainly happy to wait.

I hope the advances are huge and that they give the user greater control scripting design, as it's easy access to its tools that will make the software shine.

I take it this post is in response to Bitwig.....I must admit that does look good but if Ableton implement the better ideas spoken on these forums, it'll end up with the same features as they're common requests here and this is probably where Bitwig have been getting their ideas from anyway.
Last edited by Jarvisimon on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keefbaker

Post by keefbaker » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:38 pm

My personal thoughts on Bitwig is that we can't say for certain anything about it yet apart from the fects they have on the site which may be functional, may be not.

Until I'm playing with a finished/beta version of Bitwig I'm not going to accept anything I read.

It's not the first time someone's rocked up claiming to have all the answers and when it comes down to it the product doesn't work.

But I'd love it if it did work :)

Tyko

Post by Tyko » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:40 pm

noland wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:BTW - I don't trust people with beards, they have something to hide
or are just too lazy to shave regularly ;-)

thats me ;)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:40 pm

ever been in a loooong... line... like at the DMV waiting to get a new driver's license or something - then that woman/man/thing ahead of you finally snaps and leaves after some loud sighing and posturing?

they leave and you think. C-YA! don't let the door hit you in the ass! thanks for making the line shorter!!

all of you that leave will just help alleviate the bandwidth issue when they turn on downloads to the next Live packs or Live 9. besides, you're probably just a whiner if you do at this point anyway (when dinner is almost done) so...

buh bye :arrow:

spare us the melodramatic ain't it awful threads.
Last edited by H20nly on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyko

Post by Tyko » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:41 pm

im going with what keef said, its safest.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:42 pm

keefbaker wrote:My personal thoughts on Bitwig is that we can't say for certain anything about it yet apart from the fects they have on the site which may be functional, may be not.

Until I'm playing with a finished/beta version of Bitwig I'm not going to accept anything I read.

It's not the first time someone's rocked up claiming to have all the answers and when it comes down to it the product doesn't work.

But I'd love it if it did work :)
bingo.

that keef you've been baking is obviously not clouding your judgement.

unlike these other cats jerking off to .jpegs and promises of how good it's gonna be.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:45 pm

the more hype the bigger the letdown will be when you see its....inferior

excuse me my nuts itch