is bitwig an ableton product

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

is bitwig L9?

no. it's a fresh independant new concurrent
62%
yes. it's in fact L9. a dissimuled gag/hoax
23%
yes and no.a live rewrite,without bw,keeping live dev 4 a while
11%
other. specify
3%

Total votes: 124

fx23

is bitwig an ableton product

Post by fx23 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Ok this things drive me mad.

_it got all live offers, with same(enhanced) concepts, names, gui and more. look at devices/fx/nesting EXACTLY the same
_it got all the major requested features (autom to session,simultaneous editing, dual monitor,meta clips, linux ect)
_the compagny started straight after L8 3 years ago. (note rewrite was said to take 3years)
_the compagny is loaded with ex-abes dev and located very close in berlin
_even the modular 'integrated M4L' thing is pictured.

personally i can't beleive it's not an ableton product. just look at the demo video. exactly same kind of music/zoom/demonstration style, and of same soft really. everything looks far too much the same..
so the big question for me remain is if those dev left ableton cause they were unhappy with the way thing were going and
reseted the concept for their own soft, shamelessy reproducing all as they had done it previously, meaning bitwig is 'independant' and in concurrence with ableton, or if there is kind of gag/hoax or other thing underline. it's possible
ableton finally decided they had to rewrite for the autom thing, but wanted to keep Live as a buisness security and 'splitted' the rewrite as a new product an new compagny, as not backward compatible. users then think it's a different product, but in both case funds go to same people. Or the other version wich i beleive more, it's a total hoax and they will
finally announce it's L9.
this looks sooo much like the new shinny L9 we have espected so long ne?

few people thought it's L9 like me, lot of others claim we are crasy, im curious about the 'overall' thought

Muzik 4 Machines

Re: is bitwig an ableton product

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:21 pm

i dont care if its a hoax, live 9 or a new product, but i hope whatever it is, they allowed import of live .als, otherwise its of no use, but if they did allow als import, god, i'm switching without looking back cause i wont spend 4 months re making my live performance set in bitwig manually)

noland

Post by noland » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:22 pm

ok i made my vote but this bitwig issue REALLY SUCKS. All we have is a fucking promo video, and according to promo videos every product is the best. So stop the fuzz and wait until open beta or trial is released.

btw the new Traktor Remix excites me a million times more
give a man fire and he will be warm for the night
set a man on fire and he will never freeze again

fx23

Post by fx23 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Muzik 4 Machines wrote: i hope whatever it is, they allowed import of live .als, otherwise its of no use
i totally understand that way of thinking, and it's interesting cause i am the other way around, i would accept throw my stuff and reset if the tool has a better workflow. that shows that the more secured way would be option 3 for them.
'maybe' in the teory it's a co- or abe product .als will be compatible to some point, that would be the ideal scenario..

@noland im not really judging the video as 'the product looks best than live", im more really surprised how it looks so much like it IS live.

noland

Post by noland » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:40 pm

fx23 wrote:im more really surprised how it looks so much like it IS live.
did you expect anything else from the moment on you saw that cloud image on the very first bitwig homepage?
give a man fire and he will be warm for the night
set a man on fire and he will never freeze again

fx23

Post by fx23 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:47 pm

that's the point
yeah, if really it was a different product/compagny i would have expected something different

no, if it was the Ableton release i expected the picture would mach perfectly.

fedexnman

Post by fedexnman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:58 pm

On Bitwig's Facebook page they have Ableton Live listed as a Like . Nuff said ?

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:00 am

That's probably just tongue-in-cheek humor.

There are billions of products made by different companies that do the same exact things like toasters, cars, condoms etc. Wtf.
ImageImage

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 am

its just convergent evolution plus a design team who are influenced by their previous experience.
there are not many people who can come up with a new paradigm for computer music - its a saturated field, there's fake console and tape deck systems like Logic and Cubase, Max, Reason and Plogue extending analogue synth patching as far as possible and Live with its freaky MPC front end. Maybe Bitwig know how difficult some of the problems with Live will be to fix and decided to harvest the disaffected ex users.
it looks like a revised Live that has had this forum being used as a crowd sourced specification team.

gorillaknuckles

Post by gorillaknuckles » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:08 am

Is that true that they started right after live 8 and the team contains ex-ableton staff? Any reference for that?

fx23

Post by fx23 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:19 am

on the site you can find about compagny that it started in 2009.
and here they present themself coming from vember and ableton on gs as well in 2009
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product- ... mpany.html

gorillaknuckles

Post by gorillaknuckles » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:49 am

Huh, thats interesting.

My brain has been overheating trying to figure out why 9 is taking so long. Perhaps losing some key players has something to do with it.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:50 am

edited. never mind. not worth it.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 am

I liked what you said and put in an "also" but nevermind then.
ImageImage

gorillaknuckles

Post by gorillaknuckles » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 am

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:17 pm

From then till now... thats a fair chunk.