Can't pan a mono audio track?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ollyb303

Re: Can't pan a mono audio track?

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:25 am

jeagon wrote:So here's what I figured out. Most of you are idiots who would rather be smart a$$es instead of actually helping out a fellow musician. I came here looking for honest answers and this is what gets posted back? WHY is it so hard to expalain to me how or why a single mono track cannot be sent to just the left side of the mix or just the right side of the mix? I didn't think this was anything new in the world of recording / produciing. To the few of you who attempted to help, thank you, you should move on to a forum where the average user is one willing to help rather than criticised.

Simmerdown- I had the glitch o the day theory too, no luck. Thanks
Welcome to the Internet.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

mihai

Post by mihai » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

indifferent of whether your recording is mono or stereo, the actual pan knob should do its job and pan so what you're describing is an anomaly. only thing i can think of is maybe you have utility with width set to 0% on the master or any other such mono plugin. if that's the case then bring it up to 100% or disable it.

edit > or maybe you're monitoring in mono.

kev herb

Post by kev herb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Komodovaran wrote:You can't pan mono. That's why it's mono. Mono means there's no left/right, only... mono.
Total fruitcake :lol:
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

jeagon

Post by jeagon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:37 pm

thanks for all the ideas everyone! it turned out to be a messed up setting in the soundcard. thanks again!

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Okay, I'll take the fruitcake.

If you pan mono, it won't be mono anymore. Herp derp. Come on, you know what I meant.

And the truth is, you quoted me for all eternity, so now I'll twist and turn the words until you give up :x