Some Key Commands Stop Working periodically. HELP!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sburke1

Some Key Commands Stop Working periodically. HELP!

Post by sburke1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:57 am

Hello, very frequently my key commands stop working. Not all of them. For example right now I can't cut and paste with key commands and if I look in the edit tab at the top of the screen, copy and past are greyed out. However, I am able to duplicate and all of my custom mapping work. Weird right? I found this written in another post.

through about 20 minutes of trial and error, I have found the issue. If you use a ctrl+variable command, and hold it down, therefore initiating the "key repeat" function, where it will send the on/off command repeatedly of whatever you're doing, Ableton will basically freeze the ctrl functions and making it impossible to use them again for the duration of the program being open.

When I quit and repoen ableton I can cut and paste again. I dont want to have to reopen all the time though. Thanks.
Macbook Pro 15'' 2.6 ghz 4GB ram, zero sl, kaos pad, microkorg, roctron banshee, rhodes, clav, motif, fc300

www.myspace.com/samburkecambridge
www.youtube.com/samburkevideo

SKAGGS

Re: Some Key Commands Stop Working periodically. HELP!

Post by SKAGGS » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Hello!

I have this same issue.. Have you discovered why these commands - inexplicably - become unavailable? It's been a frustration of mine since going from Live 7x to Live 8x.
• Mac Pro (5.1) Xeon Quad-Core 2.8GHz | 8 GB RAM | 2x 1TB HD | 10.6.8
• Live Suite 9.0.4
• ProFire 2626
• Moog Little Phatty SE-II - Arturia MiniBrute - Roland JX-3P (w/PG-200) - Nord Electro 2 "Sixty one" - Roland GAIA SH-01

staylucid

Post by staylucid » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:31 am

I am having this issue as well, and I can't figure out what's causing it. I will open a session, be working for, say 15-20 minutes, and then suddenly my key commands (Rename, Duplicate, Loop, Changing grid quantization, even Undo) stop working. I have no other apps open and Ableton is in focus. Then I quit, and relaunch, and my key commands are working again for a little but, but then they stop working again.

I'm on 10.6.8, Macbook Pro 2011, Ableton 8.3.4.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:27 am

All of you guys are using Mac OS. I recommend you to open a support call :)

I don´t have this problem on Windows.