Midi merge solution needed software and or software

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dmerricka

Midi merge solution needed software and or software

Post by Dmerricka » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:17 pm

I run two roland VG88's guitar regs at the same time. One for a Telecaster and one for a lap steel.
Each guitar's has a hex pick up called GK2 and normal pickups. Each guitars normal pick up goes to a instance of a plug in amp sim called Native instruments guitar rig 5
Each VG88 sends Program changes to its paired instance of Guitar rig, Tele sends midi channel 1 to Gtr rig midi channel 1 and the lap sends midi channel 2 to gtr rig 2. What I need to do is map in my Midi foot pedal to send Midi CC's to control GTR rig 5 on Midi channel 1 and 2. any body have any Ideas?
Ideally I'd love each VG88 to receive midi from the midi foot pedal as well.
None of the units have Midi through.
Is it possible to send midi from my midi foot pedal into a merge box out to each VG88's midi in and then have that run through through the VG88's in to GTR rig 5?

Samaritan Sound

Re: Midi merge solution needed software and or software

Post by Samaritan Sound » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Can you post a drawing or diagram of your MIDI connections? Keep in mind that many units do not have a dedicated MIDI thru port, but will pass messages received on the input to the output. This may be a configuration setting called MIDI Echo.

Dmerricka

Re: Midi merge solution needed software and or software

Post by Dmerricka » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:15 pm

I think I figured way simple way to do this where I dont have to merge but thanks man!