rendering tracks

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
BAMBEROO

rendering tracks

Post by BAMBEROO » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:04 pm

I record a track in ableton live 8 at 116 bpm, and render it down using export audio video to a wav track, then compress this track to WMA to send the track to my mate (who has an system identical to mine) he then converts the WMA to WAV and drops it into ableton arrangement view on an audio track, so why does it always default to 120 bpm (remember I rendered at 116 bpm) he has to set the BPM to 116, press warp then turn warp off to get 116 bpm Should it not keep the 116 bpm from the render- even if you set BPM to 116 before dropping the track into arrangement, the wave editor still shows 120 bpm?????

DangerousDave

Re: rendering tracks

Post by DangerousDave » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Live just defaults to that tempo, if he has his setting in preferences so that it by default does NOT warp samples, then it doesn't matter where the project tempo is set, the sample will play back fine. So if he doesn't hit warp it will play at the correct tempo but will not be aligned with the project tempo, but as long as warping is off he should be able to just hit 116 in the master tempo and it will play fine.
https://soundcloud.com/unearthproductions
beats me wrote:everybody around you thinks you’re a fucking idiot.

Samaritan Sound

Re: rendering tracks

Post by Samaritan Sound » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:55 am

It doesn't matter what bpm you render. Wav files don't know what a bpm is.