Live 9.0 - What and When?????

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fisto

Re: Live 9.0 - What and When?????

Post by fisto » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 am

H20, come on and smoke something relaxing dude!!
Did I start this thread? No!

Did I Leave my two cents? (wihtout mentioning reaper at all in the first place) yess!

Who mentioned reaper (with the simple goal of an personal attack) just to start a senseless discussion which is offtopic?
YOU!

And because I use another software AND LIVE, I'm not allowed to say something (not at all offending anyone) about Live or ask the company to treat the users with more respect?

Ah, sorry, I forgot. I'm in the Ableton Forum. Matured replies to normal posts are too much to ask for. Sorry.... :?:

Now I'll stop feeding the troll!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:16 am

ok ok.

you're not a bad guy. sorry.

seriously though these threads are like weeds. if we could smoke them, we'd all be high.

fisto

Post by fisto » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:14 am

^^ yep, we should :)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:35 pm

:lol: well we have to break it up first. that must be what i was subconsciously trying to do.

peace fisto. no more. promise.

H

markhunter

Post by markhunter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:24 pm

I hear that Ableton are going to throw a curve ball and go straight to 10 !

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:52 pm

Perhaps Ableton, like a cat, only has 9 Lives. They just want to be extra careful with their last one.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

fisto

Post by fisto » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:19 am

H2Only, you crazy guy :D
Rock on!

btw: the Reaper-geniuses just added OSC-support to reaper in a prerelease version for the upcoming 4.16 version. Current version is 4.15. Roughly counted, every 5 to 6 weeks a new improved version of reaper is released (point updates). Just saying, cause I just love their attitude to software, customers and the whole open philosophy behind it (there are numerous threads where the :!: 3 :!: (three) developers (only) reply to questions and suggestions directly and multiple times on the same thread too (sometimes). You feel much more welcome and part of the family and thats exactly what the Abes somehow and sadly lost along the way and what I would wish myself to come back again......

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:08 am

i'm digging crumhorn's 9 Lives theory. i think he could be on to something.
fisto wrote: Just saying, cause I just love their attitude to software, customers and the whole open philosophy behind it (there are numerous threads where the :!: 3 :!: (three) developers (only) reply to questions and suggestions directly and multiple times on the same thread too (sometimes). You feel much more welcome and part of the family and thats exactly what the Abes somehow and sadly lost along the way and what I would wish myself to come back again......
i get what you're saying here, but if you think about it, they don't want to come on to the forum and get flamed. why would they? i mean even if most of us stay coolheaded someone who is disgruntled will start ripping and then what? its all fine and dandy for us to scrap amongst ourselves but they can't swing back really.

i guess that does imply that something is wrong, but something is always wrong for someone somewhere.

i've seen threads where a poster was heated, but stuck with the facts and found out that their drivers were at fault.. yet initially they funneled their problem on Ableton.

then too... if they're on the forum yucking it up they're not working on improvements to current revisions or future versions. a fact that won't escape someone's fingers, keyboard and mouse pointer from feverishly tapping along and then handling that submit button here at forum.ableton.com

tldr;

sometimes its better to stay the course than to take the side track.

GsinG

Post by GsinG » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:56 am

Im telling you they are having one hell of a fucking time making this thing 64-bit. They are constant looking for developers, software engineers, etc. I remembering being told by someone at ableton a while back that they would basicly need to recode the whole damn thing. so your guys guess is as good as mine. this is the longest weve had to wait for a new version. They are offering to move develpers to berlin pay for their apartment and everything.

synthcom

Post by synthcom » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:35 am

i wonder that there is no developer research on their homepage but everybody speaks
here that they search...

and a complete rewrite would bring a lot of bugs in areas that are fixed in this product already,
so if this would be the wise solution? i dont know...

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:29 am

Death to all speculators.

fisto

Post by fisto » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:17 pm

man, I wish them good luck with the new version and really hope that they manage to fix it so this talk is finally over and we all can enjoy the new improved 64-bit, Session-Automation-Live :DD

@H20nly: you're right, but they have people who are watching the forum, so why not have one person who communicates with the customers on a regular basis (they don't have to say all the details of course, just some basic stuff).
This would make a much nicer atmosphere in this forum...

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Rabalder wrote:Death to all speculators.
8O they give you internet in prison Anders?

noland

Post by noland » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:56 pm

give a man fire and he will be warm for the night
set a man on fire and he will never freeze again

hipdeejay

Post by hipdeejay » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Im willing to wager that Live 9 will be released very soon. Here's why:

Normally at the top of this forum the Abes have a thread "current Live beta 8.2.8b" etc.

Currently there is no Live 8 beta. Which MUST imply that Live 8.2.8 is the final Live 8 version.
Therefore Live 9 is almost ready!

Just my observation. For what its worth 8)