I like Live 8

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nuxnamon

Re: I like Live 8

Post by nuxnamon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:47 am

JuanSOLO wrote:
nuxnamon wrote:peeps shouldn't be allowed to upgrade unless they turn in a finished song to ableton w/ V8..

OH please elaborate.
it wasn't directed at you or anyone else.. i'm just saying people are so hyped up about the next version (including myself at times) that it can become a distraction towards completing anything. That and then you have the BitWig thing.. I know i'm guilty of it also.. i swear i was more productive when all i had was a Tascam 4 track and a mpc back in the day..

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:07 am

nuxnamon wrote:peeps shouldn't be allowed...
nuxnamon wrote:it wasn't directed at you or anyone else..
So who is this "peeps" guy?

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:11 am

djadonis206 wrote:Thank you and congratulations! Thanks for putting the whole, "where's Live 9" thing into perspective. True, new features are inspiring but it's not like Live 8 is useless. And if you can't make music with Live 8, than you probably can't make music, period.

Perhaps, the $250+ for the Live 9 update would be better spent on piano, guitar, or drum lessons. Or at least a down payment on a week at Dubspot. Seriously!
:-)

My point exactly.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:58 am

nuxnamon wrote:peeps shouldn't be allowed to upgrade unless they turn in a finished song to ableton w/ V8..
Ahhh shit. But I haven't REALLY PROPERLY finished a song since Live 6 or 7. :cry:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 am

Being more in to Live for Session view and live performance, all the new versions since 4 have been cool, but nothing game changing for me.
Then again 8 is still a brand new baby to me, just got it last summer. Definitely a better workflow in 8! 8)

Honestly I'm just looking forward to being done mixing down my bands tracks and getting back into writing songs again.