Faderfox FX3 midi remote scripts for ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
monoaural

Faderfox FX3 midi remote scripts for ableton

Post by monoaural » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:53 pm

hi there.

does anyone here uses the faderfox FX3 as fx controll for ableton. any midi remote script by chance?

thanks.

regretfullySaid

Re: Faderfox FX3 midi remote scripts for ableton

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:06 pm

They're easy to set up yourself if you go into the Midi Remote Scripts directory and read the readme file.
All you do is put in your cc#'s to the corresponding control.

search "midi remote script" and "user remote script" at the top right for more info.
ImageImage

monoaural

Post by monoaural » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:16 pm

shadx312 wrote:They're easy to set up yourself if you go into the Midi Remote Scripts directory and read the readme file.
All you do is put in your cc#'s to the corresponding control.

search "midi remote script" and "user remote script" at the top right for more info.
hi there. thanks for the quick answer.
sorry for the dump question, but by "..go into midi remote scripts.." where is that? in ableton? and where do i find the "readme files"..

thanks again

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Ableton/Resources/Midi Remote Scripts. There should be a text file that is a generic template for you to use in a custom folder you make ie Faderfox FX3. You copy it into the directory and put your cc info in.

Here's a more instant answer:
ImageImage

monoaural

Post by monoaural » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:11 pm

shadx312 wrote:Ableton/Resources/Midi Remote Scripts. There should be a text file that is a generic template for you to use in a custom folder you make ie Faderfox FX3. You copy it into the directory and put your cc info in.

Here's a more instant answer:

yep. found it. sounds easier than it is. will have a closer look this weekend. i have no diffculties in assign cc´s but it´s getting harder for me when it comes to assign the function to .... let´s say to switch between the fx´s....

anyways..

thanks a lot for your help.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:15 pm

When you say switch between effects, do you mean a strip of fx on a channel or sends?

There are more advanced ways of navigating through devices using Clyphx so you don't have to use the mouse but that may be overkill, depending...
If you have a specific example I could help.
ImageImage

monoaural

Post by monoaural » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:06 am

shadx312 wrote:When you say switch between effects, do you mean a strip of fx on a channel or sends?

There are more advanced ways of navigating through devices using Clyphx so you don't have to use the mouse but that may be overkill, depending...
If you have a specific example I could help.
yep. exactly. bewteen the fx of a channel. let assume i have 3 tracks. track 1 has no fx, track 2 has 1 fx, and track 3 has 2 fx.

with the LV3 i can switch bewteen the tracks. it would be cool to have both fx on track 3 automatically assigned to the FX3 to have control the parameters of the fx but also to switch between both fx´s within one track...

well, something like that....

but yeah. would be also cool to learn how to write remote scripts...

monoaural

Post by monoaural » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:54 am

any FX3 users here?

how do you have your FX3 mapped?