bitwig price $470 (360 euro)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
HeadrickProductions

bitwig price $470 (360 euro)

Post by HeadrickProductions » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:22 am

http://www.dv247.com/computer-music-sof ... are--93544

About $470 US

Edit: I take back that it is a joke. I was just shocked at the price posted. It has been written by an "employee" of the website on another forum that this is just a guess and will be changed once they get the official price.

Also he made the comment that this is not suite, so it seems that they will have a suite and a full version of bitwig according to his post. Either way I think the bitwig fantasy of making all my music for me and taking me on arena wolrd tour is being reevaluated over:mrgreen:
Last edited by HeadrickProductions on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

djanciano

Re: bitwig price biggest joke ever (360 euro)

Post by djanciano » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:39 am

I hope its not a joke :wink:
MacBookPro 15" MacMini I5, Ableton Suite 9 64/32 Bit, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC20, Audio 2 DJ, Samsung 27", KrK Rockit 5, KrK Headphones, Kontrol S4, Ipad 2 TouchAble, TouchOSC, LoopTastic & Studio HD

http://soundcloud.com/djanciano

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:40 am

What's so bad about that? Live is twice that amount here.

I'm more than happy to pay!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:49 am

Same as Live 8

http://www.dv247.com/computer-music-sof ... daw--63524

Not that I want to pay that much, I think Live is overpriced as well, but it's not in any way like they're going for a SAW Studio or Nuendo level price wise. :?:

I do think it would be wise of them to come into the game at a lower price though. Pretty sure Live 1 was far bellow the +/- $600 most DAWs cost at that point?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:57 am

timothyallan wrote:What's so bad about that? Live is twice that amount here.

Aren't you confusing suite with Live?
In the uk Live is £299, which equates to ... £360 euro

I bet dv247 is just guessing! I doubt that a company (bitwig) who are only just entering beta have already told retailers their rrp. Surely they won't be ready to ship for ages.
The last DAW company who rushed from beta to a high profile launch, well I remember it going ... badly. Clue: you are reading their forum.

I could be wrong of course. Bitwig may favour a nice rushed beta ! I doubt it though
Anyway for version 1 software that's too high a price for me.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:59 am

small price to pay for saving the universe, innit?

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:04 am

Angstrom wrote:
timothyallan wrote:What's so bad about that? Live is twice that amount here.

Aren't you confusing suite with Live?
In the uk Live is £299, which equates to ... £360 euro

I bet dv247 is just guessing! I doubt that a company (bitwig) who are only just entering beta have already told retailers their rrp. Surely they won't be ready to ship for ages.
The last DAW company who rushed from beta to a high profile launch, well I remember it going ... badly. Clue: you are reading their forum.

I could be wrong of course. Bitwig may favour a nice rushed beta ! I doubt it though
Anyway for version 1 software that's too high a price for me.
I consider Suite to be the "full" version of Live. Live itself is kind of a Lite version, and Live Lite is more like Live Crippled. It looks like Bitwig just has the one version which includes everything already so I compare the two "full" versions.

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:09 am

If you look at the pics you can see that they have mini sampler labeled. That leads me to believe that there is a full sampler for sale. Maybe not.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:09 am

I'll reserve judgment until I see the sticker pack that comes with it.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:19 am

HeadrickProductions wrote:If you look at the pics you can see that they have mini sampler labeled. That leads me to believe that there is a full sampler for sale. Maybe not.
If so, I shall change my wording henceforth!

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:55 am

these software guys are not even in the real world when it comes to pricing. look at the ipad, there is no need for software to cost this much.
at this point i am almost done with computers. there is really nothing innovative coming out for pc's anymore. the mouse has always been a pain in the ass... its all about the ipad now, in the future it may be some other tablets but right now i feel pcs and software that runs on them are on their last leg.

so to add to this i will not be buying bitwig, maybe if it was 100 i would consider, but going on what they say the software does on there website i feel its far to underwhelming to spend more than 100 dollars on (and im being generous).
same with ableton, they are another company that is stuck in the old gimmick pricing for computer software. ITS SOFTWARE! people will never look at software as having the same value as hardware.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:05 am

These guys need to make their money back, software dev takes a -lot- of time and resources. Unlike your iPad, they don't have an audience of 20 gazillion people willing to pay $1.99 for it.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:09 am

then maybe they should have written for the ipad instead. its obvious that tablets are the future.
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:11 am

also if they would price the software around $99.00 or lower (look at reaper) more people that would have cracked the thing would actually buy it.

no computers or synths

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:12 am

nathannn wrote:then maybe they should have written for the ipad instead. its obvious that tablets are the future.
lol I didn't know you were trolling. I'm getting old!