Hardware synth setup?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ambientidm

Re: Hardware synth setup?

Post by ambientidm » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:10 am

ark wrote:
ambientidm wrote:i am such a dunce :oops:
i have been using the ext effect
Oops!

Just to recap: There are two kinds of effects, audio effects and MIDI effects. An audio effect takes in audio and puts out audio; a MIDI effect takes in MIDI and puts out MIDI. An audio effect can appear in either an audio track or a MIDI track (after an instrument); a MIDI effect can appear only in a MIDI track.

An instrument can appear only in a MIDI track. It takes in MIDI and puts out audio.

There is both an "external instrument" and an "external effect" plugin. The external effect plugin is, of course, an effect. It takes in audio, routes it to an external audio output, takes audio from an external audio input, and routes that audio to the next part of the signal chain. So if you were using the "external effect," of course you wouldn't be able to send it MIDI.
that was the issue i was using the ext effect
i use complex midi processor setups constantly
the ti us worthless if maschine is used as a plugin so i am trying to figure out a way to use it as hardware in an acceptable manner
maybe the ext instrument will solve this

Gothboy

Post by Gothboy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:08 pm

JuanSOLO wrote: ALSO when playing a midi clip, 'AUTO' needs to be selected for the monitoring on the track.
Even with the auto button selected I'm getting no midi playing back from a clip. I'm presently using an Maudio Venom in a midi track with an external Instrument device on the track but I can't play back the midi clip that I recorded from the Venom. Everything is set up in the preferences but I can't get sound from this clip. The Venom has a 2 in/2 out interface on it and sound passes through a usb cable. I'm getting the other clips playing through it except the Venom. I've tried every setting on the track and still can't get the midi notes in this clip to play back through the Venom. :?
Mac Pro Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz. 16 GB RAM
Mountain Lion 10.8.5/El Capitan 10.11.6
Live Suite 9.1.7 and 10.1.9

Gothboy

Post by Gothboy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:12 pm

I was finally able to get this going. I made presets for all my hardware synths! Cool and thanks!
Mac Pro Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz. 16 GB RAM
Mountain Lion 10.8.5/El Capitan 10.11.6
Live Suite 9.1.7 and 10.1.9