Fabfilter Saturn

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Re: Fabfilter Saturn

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:06 pm

dazzer wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Ohmicide's GUI is better than Saturn's
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you got one s t r a n g e sense of aesthetics going on there... -/
Not really, just not the typical aesthetics of Ableton users. Like I said before The amount of people dogging on Ableton Live for being fugly at KVR and gushing over Bitwig reminds me a lot of people here getting wet over Saturns GUI and knocking Ohmicide. You either like creative GUIs or you like practical ones, though there's grey area there, I think having the controls for each band always visible is worth a small amount of interface clutter for instance.

I wonder how up in arms most of you must be about a complex soft synth like Zebra? It doesn't have the "gruesome" aspect of Ohmicide but it's dense, not a streamlined graphic designer / web developers aesthetic. :?

dazzer

Re: Fabfilter Saturn

Post by dazzer » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:36 am

Machinesworking wrote:
dazzer wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Ohmicide's GUI is better than Saturn's
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you got one s t r a n g e sense of aesthetics going on there... -/
Not really, just not the typical aesthetics of Ableton users. Like I said before The amount of people dogging on Ableton Live for being fugly at KVR and gushing over Bitwig reminds me a lot of people here getting wet over Saturns GUI and knocking Ohmicide. You either like creative GUIs or you like practical ones, though there's grey area there, I think having the controls for each band always visible is worth a small amount of interface clutter for instance.

I wonder how up in arms most of you must be about a complex soft synth like Zebra? It doesn't have the "gruesome" aspect of Ohmicide but it's dense, not a streamlined graphic designer / web developers aesthetic. :?
Personally I find Live's GUI boring (I fired up GarageBand after an update the other day and apart from the horrible things it adds to the top of AUs and the cheesy instrument pics, I love the actual look of the sequencer page) but it does work really well. Sylenth I find ugly but again, really functional.

I just find Saturn to be so beautiful that it's hard for me to dislike it for being so tabbed/hidden in its approach and with Ohmicide stuff I can hardly read what's going on. The bst GUI for style and utility for me is Massive.

And for hardware..... N O R D rules.