LpR - Launchpad Reloaded

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
11olsen

LpR - Launchpad Reloaded

Post by 11olsen » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Hey, i transformed my personal launchpad tweaks into a little application. It is possible to split the layout and use 2 modes at the same time (1 launchpad controls 2 launchpad-scripts in Live). It offers special mappings for user1 and user2 but everything is optional. the usual stepsequencer page is missing here(yet?). I will link to a video as soon as possible. To get started take a look at the manual by clicking "help" in the application. To get rid of it use the uninstall options.

Requirements :
- a not to slow computer
- windows XP or later
- a low latency audio driver
- a Novation Launchpad and Ableton Live
- MidiYoke or or a compareable virtual midi port driver
- 2 more free control surface slots in live

Be warned, as it is a prerelease version that is tested, but not on a broad range of different PCs and users. Every kind of feedback(bugs, feature requests, any suggestions, shitstorm :twisted: ) is appreciated. If you want to send a mail, the address is inside the application.
http://bit.ly/LpR_download

O.

11olsen

Re: LpR - Launchpad Reloaded

Post by 11olsen » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:59 am

update to v0.9.3
most important changes:
GUI rework, added option to rotate the hardware unit 90°ccw (topstrip buttons become sidestrip buttons on the left side)

The rotation is useful (for me at least) in user 1 mode. feels better sometimes to play notes with the right hand and switch overdub on/off or set velocity with the left hand.(without crossing your arms :wink: )
O.

matthews

Post by matthews » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 am

looks interesting. I'd love to see a video if you ever get around to it.

11olsen

Post by 11olsen » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:44 pm

yes, i'm working on it..

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Can one this this script without installing Automap?
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

11olsen

Post by 11olsen » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:08 pm

the LpR software (it's not only a script) does basically the same like automap: sitting between Launchpad and Live and modifying/extendind the communication. Automap is not needed to use it.
O.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:36 pm

11olsen wrote: Automap is not needed to use it.
O.
Sorry to trouble you. But I haven't used my Launchpad in years. Don't I have to install Automap for the Launchpad to get it's drivers? Or does your script let me use it as a generic midi controller?
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

11olsen

Post by 11olsen » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:49 pm

opposed to the nocturn, the Novation Launchpad has drivers independent from automap that allow to use it as generic midi controller, and that's the way it's used here.
but LpR project is completely dedicated to the Launchpad usage in Live.

matthews

Post by matthews » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Anyone try this out yet? Thoughts?

EDIT: Installed LpR and Midi Yoke. Went through the initial setup and followed the directions as best I could. Couldn't manage to get the Launchpad to actually "split" though, as desired. Only thing that I managed was to have momentary control over the volume faders. I'm probably setting it up incorrectly, will wait for another update with more detailed install instructions and give it another go.

11olsen

Post by 11olsen » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:47 pm

hey, i'll present the next version tomorrow. did more gui trimming and added a feature for user1 that will be very useful. 16 pads can optionally work as macros that can hold 1 or more notes. if you hit'em the notes will be fired together (play a chord or layered drums). but you have parameters for every macro pad like spreading that will make it sound like strumming or with even more spreading like a sequence of notes. you can pitch the notes of the macro, you can set round robin - and random mode for the notes of a macro.
and more.. i'm currently trying to build the frontend control for these parameters in the gui.
i know a video would be extremly helpful. i just kept working on the software in the rare time that was available the last weeks but that is one of the next things i will do.
O.

11olsen

Post by 11olsen » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:06 pm

matthews wrote:Anyone try this out yet? Thoughts?

EDIT: Installed LpR and Midi Yoke. Went through the initial setup and followed the directions as best I could. Couldn't manage to get the Launchpad to actually "split" though, as desired.
i'm not happy to hear that. by default it starts not splitted, you switch to splitted mode by holding mixer and pressing session. hold mixer and press user2 to switch focus to pad2 if that doesn't work splitting will neither and something is wrong. but setting it up isn't very complicated at all i thought. did you clicked help in the lpr midi page and did it like you see on the picture?
O.

matthews

Post by matthews » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:12 pm

^^^^

Thanks for the reply. I definitely didn't have it setup correctly after looking at the help diagram, I had the tracking and remote details entered incorrectly. When the new version is available tomorrow I'll give it another go, hopefully second times the charm. :D

11olsen

Post by 11olsen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Hey, it's 0.9.4 now.
the layers are activated by pressing shift and the topmost button on the sidestrip in user1 page on the launchpad.
then use shift + macro pad to clear all notes from it;
shift + notes to assign this notes to the currently selected (last pressed) macro. the order of notes becomes relevant if you use the spreading for the macro. video soon :oops:
O.