Why I love Propellerheads new plugin concept

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
flocked

Why I love Propellerheads new plugin concept

Post by flocked » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:36 am

I must say that I love what Propellerhead has introduced. It has so many advantages over vst/au plugins.

1) A store for the plugins: I already love the different app stores (OS X/iOS), because they make many things easier. You can always redownload plugins, get automatically updates, don't need to search for the plugin, if you need to reinstall it, have everything in on place and so on… You can even try the rack extensions with one click. Everything will be so much faster and easier to use.
I'm a student and I really haven't the money to buy every software. I had previously downloaded often apps illegally. When the mac app store was introduced, I paid the first time for all the mac apps. (except for reason & live, which I both bought before), because of all the advantages and the slightly cheaper apps.
This is a hugh argument, because I know many friends who use cracked plugins and unfortunately even well known producer use them sometimes (as it was sometimes in the news).

2) More functions than vsts/aus & a better integration in the daw: You can undo/redo in rack extensions, add easily automation to the knobs, you have audio/midi/effect routing, etc. - All the things work like they are already working in reason. What I hate about vsts/au, is that they always works differently in the usage, you can't easily add an knob automation etc. When I use plugins it always don't feel like a part of the DAW, but like something hacked together, which isn't adjusted/developed for the specific platform.

3) Propellerhead says that the rack extensions are as crash save as Reason. I'm using reason and live equally often and I can say that ableton crashes about 50 times more often. The most common reason, why Ableton crashes for me, are plugins…

4) I'm a iOS/mac developer and I love the advantages, I get with the app stores. Of course I need to give 30% of my revenue to Apple, but I don't need to care about hosting the software, marketing and selling the software (it is really such a pain to find and care about selling software on your own website).

I really hope that Ableton jumps on this wagon!

mholloway

Re: Why I love Propellerheads new plugin concept

Post by mholloway » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:59 am

1. We didn't ask.

2. Keep your masturbation confined to the Propellerhead forums, please.

3. We didn't ask.

/trollfeed (this post seriously reads like the work of a Propellerheads intern sent out to preach the gospel in competing product forums. pathetic. His post count cinches it).
Last edited by mholloway on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 am

I love my Vsts........

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:51 am

How much will you get?

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:53 am

flocked wrote:I must say that I love what Propellerhead has introduced. It has so many advantages over vst/au plugins.

1) A store for the plugins: I already love the different app stores (OS X/iOS), because they make many things easier. You can always redownload plugins, get automatically updates, don't need to search for the plugin, if you need to reinstall it, have everything in on place and so on… You can even try the rack extensions with one click. Everything will be so much faster and easier to use.
I'm a student and I really haven't the money to buy every software. I had previously downloaded often apps illegally. When the mac app store was introduced, I paid the first time for all the mac apps. (except for reason & live, which I both bought before), because of all the advantages and the slightly cheaper apps.
This is a hugh argument, because I know many friends who use cracked plugins and unfortunately even well known producer use them sometimes (as it was sometimes in the news).
Hi master, shiny new ball and chain. thank you master!

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 am

The reason I love it is that I don't have an PH stuff so it doesn't affect me at all. Sweet.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:20 am

Spaaaaaam!
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:14 am

I found that Reason contained even less reason than Logic contained logic.

Good thing Live has both.

fisto

Post by fisto » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:50 am

guys this is the general forum. Everything music-production related fits here.

Did I mention that I love Reaper? :DD

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:56 am

Komodovaran wrote:I found that Reason contained even less reason than Logic contained logic.

But Reason contained more Live in their sandbox.

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:07 am

pencilrocket wrote:
Komodovaran wrote:I found that Reason contained even less reason than Logic contained logic.

But Reason contained more Live in their sandbox.
I don't play live Live though, so I wouldn't know :D

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:46 pm

flocked wrote:I really hope that Ableton jumps on this wagon!
Why should they? VST and AU, flawed as they are, do the job in Live. Propellerhead's move makes sense for them while satisfying their users who want third party plugins. One of the best things about Reason is you're not constantly tempted to blow your cash on more plugins :wink:

hps909

Post by hps909 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm

doghouse wrote: Why should they? VST and AU, flawed as they are, do the job in Live. Propellerhead's move makes sense for them while satisfying their users who want third party plugins. One of the best things about Reason is you're not constantly tempted to blow your cash on more plugins :wink:

untill now :P
macbook pro 2.5 i5 os 10.12 , TC Electronik Konnekt 48, Live 9, Cubase 9, event 20/20, Waldorf Blofeld, roland tb-03, roland Jx-03, korg mikrokontrol, novation nocturn, akai lpd8

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:56 pm

doghouse wrote:
flocked wrote:I really hope that Ableton jumps on this wagon!
Why should they? VST and AU, flawed as they are, do the job in Live. Propellerhead's move makes sense for them while satisfying their users who want third party plugins. One of the best things about Reason is you're not constantly tempted to blow your cash on more plugins :wink:
One of the best things about every DAW for PC except Reason is Kontakt and other NI plugs. I spend money on sample libraries for Kontakt. Props needs a real sampler, unlike the 2 that are a complete joke and no developer wants to waste time making libraries.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:18 am

Live has been all about my Liver.