Editing Audio

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
michaelblount

Editing Audio

Post by michaelblount » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:45 pm

Hello all.

Can anyone tell me how you go about cutting up audio, what I want to do is: Load in a drum sample from the brouser on into one track in the arrangement window, this is easy. Then I want to cut out the different parts like kick drum, snare, hi hats, cymbals and lay them on different tracks so I can process them and add effects. I m sure there must be a certain way of doing this? I am a brilliant songwriter but the worlfd doesn't know it yet and probably never will.

Regards

Michael Blount

experimedia

Post by experimedia » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:51 pm

You can do it a couple ways. You can open the loop in a wave editor...cut out the individual hits and save them individually then loading them into impulse in Ableton.

Two...what I think is the best way...is to do it all in Ableton.

Load drum loop.
Place warp markers around the individual sounds in a clip, one at a time...each time dragging to another slot on impulse. Then program your beats via midi.

Then you can send each individual slot on impulse to a different channel for indivdual processing.

michaelblount

Latency problems

Post by michaelblount » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:51 pm

Hello all.

I am having so much touble with Latency when I am recording. I load in a Drum Sample and then record my Guitar on another track and all I get is a delay. my sound card is a M Audio set at 800. When I paly the recorded tract back it's not in sync.

Regards

Michael Blount

DJ VAKIS

Post by DJ VAKIS » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:23 am

You can use Recycle if you own one.
http://www.myspace.com/djvakis
http://mix2r.fm/audio/user/221

----------------------------------------
MacBookPro 13" Core 2 Duo 2.26Ghz 2GB
Live 8 -Operator -Sampler
AKAI LPD8-GENELEC 1029A-iPhone runing TouchOSC.