Preview kit sounds in Mashine

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
taffmonster

Preview kit sounds in Mashine

Post by taffmonster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:15 am

Been enjoying the drum rack stuff on the blog, was wondering if there was a way to preview say for example kicks in maschine without having to load each one. Just scroll and it auto previews. Used in conjunction with live I'm sure there must be a way to do it.

humnumb

Re: Preview kit sounds in Mashine

Post by humnumb » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 am

In the software, there's a little speaker icon at the foot of the browser. With this on, clicking on samples will play them before you load the sample.

From the hardware, just load them into a Sound. It's as instant as clicking on the samples in the browser anyway and then you can either keep it and move on to another Sound or replace it.

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:07 pm

The first thing I do when confronting the same kind of problems as the OP, is RTFM. It may come as a shock but that is, in fact, what the manual is there for.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Thank you humnumb. I knew about the speaker, I was wondering if there was a way to get the same effect from the hardware. My maschine mikro is pretty far away from my computer is all.

Also as suggested I did read the manual but I haven't found out if there is a way to do it. I thought there may be some work around to get the samples to sound from the selection dial on the controller itself. Didn't mean to annoy anyone.

Thanks

Evil_Banana

Post by Evil_Banana » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Rationalizer wrote:The first thing I do when confronting the same kind of problems as the OP, is RTFM. It may come as a shock but that is, in fact, what the manual is there for.
Maschine is geared towards hardware-feeling, trying to stay away from the mouse and the computer. There might have been a 'slight' chance that the OP wanted to get this from the Maschine-controller while browsing sounds/kits. If something is so easy that it would be blatantly stupid not to know, you might suspect it's not really what the person asked and ask a follow-up question to verify if the guy is that stupid or just not clear enough for you. Or not reply at all if you don't really care.

It's a fact, but still may come as a shock, that sarcasm does not bring anything to the table... at all.

Metaphreaq

Post by Metaphreaq » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:52 pm

you can audition your samples in realtime, once you load a pad with, say, a kick drum you can hit 'next' on the interface and it'll load that one. Once you have a pattern you can quickly audition the different sounds you'd want in it.

I don't think theres a way to audition a sound without loading it on a pad first though.

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Sat May 12, 2012 5:31 pm

NI just announced v1.8 where on of the features is "pre-hear samples from the hardware browser before loading them"

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... hp?t=80682
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport