my modest live 9 prediction

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
login

Re: my modest live 9 prediction

Post by login » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:56 pm

the drama, the drama!!!

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:36 pm

condra wrote:If we’re using time between releases as a measure of what to expect, Live 9 will cure AIDS.
:)

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:15 am

condra wrote:Logic Pro.... Still with no performance matrix.
But able to make platinum albums. Like a DAW should. For less than the price of Ableton's electric piano and vibrating skin instruments...

Don't get me wrong, I love Live, but let's get things into perspective.

Live is very fun, very expensive, and rather specific in how it tends to be used.

Logic is a versatile workhorse used for everything from Progressive House to Nashville Country. And if you own a Mac and make music, the price makes it's a no- brainer.

If Logic had a sesion view and was APC/Launchpad compatible I would have no need for live whatsoever. These are the only advantages it has over Logic or most other DAWs. But they are superb edges, and the fact that we shell out frankly ridiculous money for them is proof of this.

I don't know how much longer Ableton will be able to hold on to this monopoly though... don't forget that another independent German software company, with bespoke control surfaces by well known hardware manufacturers, was bought out by Apple just a few years ago.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:36 am

condra wrote:If we’re using time between releases as a measure of what to expect, Live 9 will cure AIDS.
Live 9 will be a positronic brain that predicts what sounds you want it to make before you even know.

You will no longer have to buy updates to the software, just buy a monthly subscription to the brain and log into it from the cloud.

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:13 am

i just wanted to embelish here that this is not a wishlist thread. i merely predict.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Forge. wrote:
Live 9 will be a positronic brain that predicts what sounds you want it to make before you even know.
It will actually be A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:54 pm

It's all gone a bit T2. In fact I heard that they are working on sky net integration!

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Forge. wrote:

You will no longer have to buy updates to the software, just buy a monthly subscription to the brain and log into it from the cloud.
This is a flawless concept. If Live won't boot because there's no connection, it also means people can't bitch about it on the forum.

As for the positronic brain idea... Thats so... Ehrm... So wait... Its somewhere after when everybody hated on Sacha and before people bitched about Hawtin. You know... Something with the windows paperclip and something about making a 4x4 beat.
Besides... How can you improve on Songsmith?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 pm

oh you must not have heard the news. Ableton sold Live to Avid. 8 is the last version.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:51 am

beatmunga wrote: But able to make platinum albums. Like a DAW should. For less than the price of Ableton's electric piano and vibrating skin instruments...

Don't get me wrong, I love Live, but let's get things into perspective.

Live is very fun, very expensive, and rather specific in how it tends to be used.

Logic is a versatile workhorse used for everything from Progressive House to Nashville Country. And if you own a Mac and make music, the price makes it's a no- brainer.

The people using Cubase Mac or Digital Performer would definitely call basing the purchase of a 'pro' application on price a "no brainer" for sure! :lol:
If Logic had a sesion view and was APC/Launchpad compatible I would have no need for live whatsoever. These are the only advantages it has over Logic or most other DAWs. But they are superb edges, and the fact that we shell out frankly ridiculous money for them is proof of this.
IMO when I first started using Live more than Logic Session was the big one for sure, but there are a ton of little things like Live's amazing and solid audio bussing system, miles above Logic there.

I don't know how much longer Ableton will be able to hold on to this monopoly though... don't forget that another independent German software company, with bespoke control surfaces by well known hardware manufacturers, was bought out by Apple just a few years ago.
What company are you talking about? I'm very curious, don't remember hearing about this?

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:11 am

hoffman2k wrote:....... Its somewhere after when everybody hated on Sacha and before people bitched about Hawtin. You know... Something with the windows paperclip and something about making a 4x4 beat.
Besides... .
I've looked for that image several times to no avail - do you remember who made it?

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:46 am

????????????????????????????????????????????don't forget that another independent German software company, with bespoke control surfaces by well known hardware manufacturers, was bought out by Apple just a few years ago.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Which company are you talking about???

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:07 am

stoersignal wrote:????????????????????????????????????????????don't forget that another independent German software company, with bespoke control surfaces by well known hardware manufacturers, was bought out by Apple just a few years ago.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Emagic

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:50 am

Forge. wrote:
stoersignal wrote:????????????????????????????????????????????don't forget that another independent German software company, with bespoke control surfaces by well known hardware manufacturers, was bought out by Apple just a few years ago.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Emagic
OK I guess, bad grammar though to talk about Apple and Logic for paragraphs than "allude" to the Logic/Emagic team being bought out by Apple. Should be the first thought written down, not the last. :?

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:04 am

crumhorn wrote:
Forge. wrote:
It will actually be A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld
that's EXACTLY how I pictured it.