Sound Clips change tempo in different Live Sets, why?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Scyence

Sound Clips change tempo in different Live Sets, why?

Post by Scyence » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Hey,

I did some voice recordings in a Live Set, edited it all and such, and now want to use a select number of those sound clips in another Live Set. This is the third project I've done in which I have done such a method and just now, I have encountered a peculiar problem. All selected sound clips I dragged from my library to the current Live Set all sound like they are being fast-forwarded. They are all sped up and sound very odd. All my sound clips for the past two projects were warped and at a tempo of 120. The specs are the same for this third batch of sound clips, but when I play them in both Arrangement and Session in any new Audio track without any effects added and anything, they all produce this sped-up version.

Does anyone have any suggestions to why that might be and how I can get the sound clips to sound normal?

Thank you.

taffmonster

Re: Sound Clips change tempo in different Live Sets, why?

Post by taffmonster » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:38 pm

might you have pressed the double speed button in the clip window? simple question maybe, but sometimes it happens?

Scyence

Post by Scyence » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Where is this Double Speed function and how do I turn it off (if indeed I did turn it on).

Also I took these sound clips and placed them in other previous Live Sets and they run smooth and perfect just the way they were recorded. But in this current Live Set, they are experiencing this sped-up frequency.

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:01 pm

its in the sample display. if you can't see that click shit tab.
On the left (the box that says sample that sits next to the waveform), there are two little 2's like this...

:2 *2

(below the warp button under seg. bpm)

clicking *2 doubles the tempo and clicking :2 halves it. also check the set. bpm is set correctly.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 pm

I would take a swinging guess at the warping being an issue.

If everything was recorded at Live's default bpm (120) and your current project is also 120 bpm, there should be no need for warping to be enabled.

Scyence

Post by Scyence » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks to you both. The warping was a problem in all of this. Everything sounds as it should. Thank you again.