How I've attempted to reinvent the Launchpad.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
phonographiq

How I've attempted to reinvent the Launchpad.

Post by phonographiq » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi. Brevity is surely an ill-fitting suit for me, but I'll try.

I play LivePA with combination of an APC40 and a Launchpad, amid other external effects. The APC works as my main trigger for clips, as well as an effect trigger via the device knobs. The LP serves as a bigger view of clips, but more often as an LED indication of my channel's effects. The idea- each channel possesses a device rack with 4 different beat repeats, some filters, so on.

Right, so, the user2 mode is set on the LP and with the enabling of any of the beat repeats, I have an LED corresponding to the channel row on the LP to help me remember what's looping, what's not. The reason for this is the one channel at a time nature of effect views on the APC. I'll loop things for fades or transitions but then forget sometimes and get caught in a flurry trying to remember where it's coming from, atop concentrating on everything else happening in the set.

The bottom 32 work perfectly for indicating which of four beat repeats is enabled over 8 channels. Things is, when I try to map the same parameters for the other four effects in that rack, filters and so on, I get snagged in MIDI conflicts and find the top 32 buttons useless for this process.

Is there a collection of the User2 cc's somewhere to help me diagnose? Ideally, I'd love to even forget the other non beat repeat devices and use those top 32 for a smaller clip view, though I have my doubts this would even be possible.

Any help is praised, I love y'all.
rhythmic surrealism / philadelphia / $$$
http://soundcloud.com/phonographiq

socialjusticeman

Re: How I've attempted to reinvent the Launchpad.

Post by socialjusticeman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:29 am

Hey man,

I do a similar thing except with 2 launchpads (one in session and one in user2) and lemur on ipad. I had a similar trouble figuring out exactly which note on and CC parameters I could create on lemur so as not to conflict with the launchpads.

My solution was to use a program called midi monitor and manually compile a list of parameters to avoid.

I still sometimes have issues but hopefully this might help you out of your jam too.

Max Daily