Automap 4 crashes Live 8!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TB323

Automap 4 crashes Live 8!!!

Post by TB323 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:25 am

Does anyone know why I have to uninstall Automap 4 in order for Live 8 to even start up? I just bought a Novation Impulse and installed AM4. None of my DAWs would even start up after installing AM4. If you go to the Novation site to learn how to uninstall AM4, you get a VERY lengthy set of instructions which I followed. (Uninstaller anyone??) After uninstalling AM4, Live worked again. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!!
15" Unibody MacBook Pro / 8GB RAM / LIVE 8 SUITE / LOGIC PRO 9 / REASON 4 / KORG M1 / TRIGGER FINGER / UC33e /AudioKontrol Soundcard / M-Audio Firewire 410 Soundcard / Xone4D Mixer

fishmonkey

Re: Automap 4 crashes Live 8!!!

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:23 am

more information would be helpful...

why aren't your DAWs starting up? what are the error messages? is it VST/AU validation problems?

one thing to look out for is that some DAWs have problems with the Automap-wrapped versions of some plug-ins. go in to the Automap preferences and turn off the mapping of all your plug-ins, and see if your DAWs will now launch.

cids

Post by cids » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Make sure that you're using the latest Live 8 and Automap versions...
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

TB323

Post by TB323 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks for the advice. It still won't work. No plug-ins are checked off, I am running the latest version of both programs, and whenever I have Automap installed, Live will not start up. It gets stuck trying to initialize the program. Then when I uninstall Automap, Live starts right up. I am trying to set up the Impulse following the steps in Automap, but when I get to the step of opening Live, it will not open........
15" Unibody MacBook Pro / 8GB RAM / LIVE 8 SUITE / LOGIC PRO 9 / REASON 4 / KORG M1 / TRIGGER FINGER / UC33e /AudioKontrol Soundcard / M-Audio Firewire 410 Soundcard / Xone4D Mixer

alexl_novation

Post by alexl_novation » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi TB323,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing. I recommend contacting us directly about this so that we can do some in depth troubleshooting. Please submit a support enquiry using the contact form on the Novation Answerbase.

http://www.novationmusic.com/answerbase/en/contact.php

Best regards,
Alex Lucas
Novation technical support
www.novationmusic.com

grunzlaut

Post by grunzlaut » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:08 pm

...or simply use the impulse without automap. that seems to be best practise if you want a stable system since automap 4 is a buggy mess. if you do a little research on this forum you`ll experience soon that you`re not the only one having issues with automap 4.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Automap 4 working fine here.

Live 8.3
Automap 4.3
OSX Lion
Macbook Pro i7
Professional Shark Jumper.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:06 pm

I am not sure if it happens in ver.8.3 but definitely in all previous 8 versions- under some circumstances, when Automap is already opened while opening Live hangs on input/outputs (you can see it on splash screen) and unless you close Automap it wont ever open. Once you close Automap Live continues opening. Never found any other way to have both Automap and Live opened normally, then to restart OS - I describe here the case when for whatever mysterious reason that error appears. Live and Automap may work perfectly for hours and days but sometimes that weird thing happens.