i just got MASCHINE MIKRO

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eddiex

i just got MASCHINE MIKRO

Post by eddiex » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:52 am

HOLY SNAP!!!! half a day messing with it, i am realizing, a whole new world has just opened up. MIKRO/MASCHINE is AMAZZZING!
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

taffmonster

Re: i just got MASCHINE MIKRO

Post by taffmonster » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:01 am

I got mine about a month ago. Haven't put it down yet

amigo

Post by amigo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:45 am

What made you choose the MIKRO over the Maschine? Was it the price?

Destro

Post by Destro » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:51 am

What do you like most about it?

How are you integrating it with Ableton?

Really looking forward to your answers. :)

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:29 pm

yeah it was definitely price...i would have liked to get maschine...but at almost twice the cost... yikes....the software is pretty rad....i haven't integrated into ableton yet, although I can't wait to. I know one thing, it cranked the CPUs when I tried it out in Abe's for a second....so it might not be so great....you probably couldn't put alot of them in one project .....i liked that it automatically integrated massive and absynth....it has it's own sequencer, kind of like lives session view. it also can be run in 32 or 64 bit....I will post more the more I get into it....but so far, it's going to be a game changer for me.

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:05 pm

eddiex wrote:it cranked the CPUs when I tried it out in Abe's for a second....so it might not be so great....you probably couldn't put alot of them in one project
Maschine is very CPU efficient for me. You can run multiple instances of Maschine to spread the CPU load amongst multiple cores.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:06 am

...this comment was just about using maschine in LIVE....i put just one instance of maschine on LIVE with no other tracks and it cranked my CPUs to like 35%....i usually don't come anywhere near that, ever, unless i have like a zillion reverbs on every track. now... i had a massive patch on a couple of the pads, its probably why this happened. but using maschine by itself, i had no troubles...its a beast.
MACBOOK PRO 2.4ghz i5 8GB ram late 2011

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:00 am

I never really had any problems until I loaded more than one reaktor into some pads. Otherwise it's pretty much ok. Admittedly heavier than I used to get but it's not destroying my CPU.

What I really need to do is sit down and make a template with my audio outputted to seperate tracks and then my midi coming from ableton. I want to decide on a standards set up, maybe one track for kick, 1 for snare 1 for the rest of the kit, then random pads and then a sampler ... I dunno I cant decide. But I much prefer the effect chains of ableton. Being able to use the multiband dynamics to affect certain frequency ranges only is awesome. Admittedly there are some nice effects in maschine though. I like granular delay and ice is nice. But doing it in ableton is way easier. Plus if I used only maschine it would kind of make my apc40 obsolete.

nodoze123

Post by nodoze123 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:41 am

Try the MEGAmaschine template that is hee in the template section...

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:30 am

Sorry, where is it?

Edit: if you mean the megatroid template then isn't what I'm talking about. I don't need to control ableton from maschine as I have an apc for that. I want to make an ableton template that has the audio and midi routing pre set up so that I don't have to select midi Chanels etc to send midi from ableton to maschine or has the audio set up so that I don't have to route groupes to seperate audio tracks manually.

I just need to sit down and make one. Just haven't found the time to and haven't decided on what layout I want. For instance having midi going in from ableton and then coming out to ableton on a seperate track ( seperate from the maschine vst track) means if I want to record I have to enable recording on both the midi and the audio track. Not worked out how I am going to get around that yet.

Edit 2: also I just realized you may not even be talking to me there lol. Sorry

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 am

@taff...yeah i know what you mean, ive been having such a blast with it, im almost like, "LIVE is obsolete to me now"
but...i haven't given it much of a chance in LIVE yet, we'll see how that goes. plus i really get psyched for LIVE, so i don't think that will ever happen.
as far as my CPU usage...i don't know, it was definitely doing some different stuff for me, jumping all around, in the 30s (which is weird for me) and like i said, alls i had was one instance of machine, with some one shots and a massive patch or 2 on the pads. which i am guessing is my issue?
as far as templates...i haven't gotten that far yet....still working my way around the app. just basically....but i am getting some good ideas. i wish i had like a week off of work, and do nothing but learn it, and get good.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:01 am

eddiex wrote:i had a massive patch on a couple of the pads, its probably why this happened.
Yeah, that would do it.

Some Reaktor ensembles like Razor can be very CPU heavy too but overall NI has been really on top of it for making all of their products much leaner over the years.

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:44 am

Eddiex, there's some real possibilities when combined with live. It runs the same as vst as it does standalone so it's like having two versatile daws in one. Still finding my feet with it, and I have had a week off just to play... Joys of being a teacher, you get spring break.

I bought the vintage heat pack, it's really nice. By no means required but I love the analogue synths on it, and ther are some nice kits too.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 am

update....again....i upgraded to maschine.
the limitations of mikro were realized pretty quickly, the encoders are priceless and so are the group buttons etc. etc. the navigation of mikro was also an obstacle
that being said, i think i will keep the mikro and sketch if i am on the go or something....and it is pretty cool, just not as easy as maschine.
i haven't used it with LIVE, yet....i hate to say it, i haven't felt the need, the software is so bad ass. no offense ABES.
i still have love for live though, its just all about maschine right now...wow.
p.s. im drunk on wine LOLOL :D

Destro

Post by Destro » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:03 pm

eddiex wrote:update....again....i upgraded to maschine.
the limitations of mikro were realized pretty quickly, the encoders are priceless and so are the group buttons etc. etc. the navigation of mikro was also an obstacle
that being said, i think i will keep the mikro and sketch if i am on the go or something....and it is pretty cool, just not as easy as maschine.
i haven't used it with LIVE, yet....i hate to say it, i haven't felt the need, the software is so bad ass. no offense ABES.
i still have love for live though, its just all about maschine right now...wow.
p.s. im drunk on wine LOLOL :D
I was THIS close to getting the mikro today.

This drunken post of yours made me decide to get the full maschine instead.

NI owes you commission. :)