collapse/merge midi notes?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
quandry

collapse/merge midi notes?

Post by quandry » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm trying to slice a kick drum mic track to midi notes (using slice-to-midi feature in Live), then use those midi notes to trigger a kick sample in BFD2. When I slice, it gives me a range of midi notes (one per kick hit)--I want to collapse/merge this range of notes so that each midi note is the same. I can't seem to find a simple way of doing it, short of moving each note by hand--with over 1,000 kick hits, I'm not trying to go there...Any ideas using midi effects of something to make BFD2 receive all kick hits as the same midi note?
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Windows 7 64-bit, 10 GB RAM. RME Multiface, Avalon U5 & M5, Distressor, Filter Factory, UC33e, BCR-2000, FCB1010, K-Station, Hr 824 & H120 sub, EZ Bus, V-Drums, DrumKat EZ, basses, guitars, pedals... http://www.ryan-hughes.net

regretfullySaid

Re: collapse/merge midi notes?

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Yeah just use the Scale midi effect and make a straight horizontal line across. By default if you make a line across the bottom first dots the notes will be C, and you can also transpose the whole thing with the knob on the upper right.

If you're thinking it'd be nice to have that before the drum rack every time you do a Slice to Midi as a preset, maybe it's possible....will try later, can't explain how to do it easily if it is possible atm.
ImageImage