How to render short sample from complex Indstrument rack?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sherpapsy

How to render short sample from complex Indstrument rack?

Post by sherpapsy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 am

I've followed a tutorial on Sonic Academy to create a fairly complex Kick Drum instrument. Once I have a good Kick created, how do I go about rendering that as a sample to import into a track and use? The Kick Drum creator track is an Instrument rack with two nested Instrument racks each with selectable samples and macro'd settings for pitch etc. Each of the nested instrument racks contains a set of chained audio samples which are from two audio tracks.

I'm not even sure how I can record a bit of this in the session or arrangement view there does not seem to be a midi piano roll in my instrument track to put a note in!

antarktika

Re: How to render short sample from complex Indstrument rack?

Post by antarktika » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:14 pm

Not sure what you mean, if you create a blank clip in session view, and select it, you should get a piano roll in the lower third of the ableton interface.

sherpapsy

Post by sherpapsy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:36 pm

It was late at night when I tried, took me 10 minutes on the train home to Worcester tonight to figure it out.

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Still it would be nice if there were a built in option to strip the silence from both ends of the sample & not have to trim each one manually.