My blofeld just arrived

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
taffmonster

My blofeld just arrived

Post by taffmonster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 am

After many different threads, trawling the internet, looking at everyones studio I finally forked out and bought a blofeld. It is currently at home sat on my bed waiting for me to go home and unbox the little monster (kinky).

Next month mopho and then I'm done with hardware for a while.

Linear Phase

Re: My blofeld just arrived

Post by Linear Phase » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:00 am

dude... how cool! 8) 8) 8) 8) would love to hear a track with it
Linear Phase has left the building..

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:09 am

Linear Phase wrote:dude... how cool! 8) 8) 8) 8) would love to hear a track with it
ill be sure to sound cloud it when I've made one.

actually one of the reasons i ended up going with the blofeld was because i heard a track from a guy who owned botha mopho and the waldorf.

http://soundcloud.com/elektra <-- had some lovely wavetable stuff form the blofeld

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:42 am

just unboxed. I'm off to go play! see you in 3 months!

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:54 am

a blofeld and a mopho? why two synths instead of just one that has more capabilities?
or just one of those and a sherman filterbank or a couple moogerfoogers or a restyler or some other crazy effects unit?

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:41 am

McQ714 wrote:a blofeld and a mopho? why two synths instead of just one that has more capabilities?
or just one of those and a sherman filterbank or a couple moogerfoogers or a restyler or some other crazy effects unit?
what would be the point of buying a filter bank? wouldn't the filter coming last in the chain be a bit of a waste of time?

Also the blofeld is a pretty capable little synth, at least in my, thus far, limited experience. i figured, a mopho would compliment the blofeld sound somewhat. I don't know what use I would have for an effect bank? I've never done things that way so maybe I am missing something?

hps909

Post by hps909 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:41 am

the blofeld is an incredibly deep synthesizer theres nothing else out there that can beat it for the price..

theres a new OS for it available 1.6.1..and the filter drive algo's are awesome, pure filth
macbook pro 2.5 i5 os 10.12 , TC Electronik Konnekt 48, Live 9, Cubase 9, event 20/20, Waldorf Blofeld, roland tb-03, roland Jx-03, korg mikrokontrol, novation nocturn, akai lpd8

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:54 am

taffmonster wrote:Also the blofeld is a pretty capable little synth, at least in my, thus far, limited experience. i figured, a mopho would compliment the blofeld sound somewhat. I don't know what use I would have for an effect bank? I've never done things that way so maybe I am missing something?
so what would the mopho say to the blofeld? would it say, "hey sexy, i like the way you make the room shake"???

sorry couldn't help myself.. i think you meant it would complement the blofeld sound.

as for effects and filters... not really sure how you work or what you have to work with but those aren't normal effects units and can really fatten up the signal or change it into something completely different that you may find very useful for your music.

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:59 am

Did they fix low volume output? I had Blo a year ago. Sold it. Sounds too prestine for me

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Let us know how you get on with the Blofeld, I've been eyeing one since they came out but just haven't pulled the trigger yet...

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Tarekith wrote:Let us know how you get on with the Blofeld, I've been eyeing one since they came out but just haven't pulled the trigger yet...
So far it's very nice. But I've only had time to fart about with preset sounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8H0Wzq7Cg

Jayrod

Post by Jayrod » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Nice choice on the Blofeld (Full KB or Desktop?)! I have several Synth's and find myself in front of the Blofeld and Virus Ti 90% of the time!

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:35 am

Jayrod wrote:Nice choice on the Blofeld (Full KB or Desktop?)! I have several Synth's and find myself in front of the Blofeld and Virus Ti 90% of the time!
I got the desktop. Gonna spend the day learning to program it. Just need to find an init patch

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:41 pm

So I finally finished my first blofeld track. a bit more up beat than the stuff I suualy make but its not to shabby... I hope.

check it out if you're interested.
http://soundcloud.com/nedavine/break-your-bones

All sounds are from the blofeld except the drums which I did in maschine.

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:08 pm

How much have you processed the sounds in Live? Because they sound quite good in your track and I've always thought the the Blofeld sound demos sound kind of plastic.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport